insanity limbo!! HelP!!

Options
Hey all,

I really need help from your experiences here. I have started doing insanity and am not sure whether I should go ahead with it because I do not want to gain muscle. My foremost aim is to become lean as I am large. The idea "muscle will repalce the fat" may not help me in this because I will remain the same size.

Currently I am doing jillian 30 DS and Insanity everyday. I weight 183lbs and am 5'4'.
My measurements are

shoulders:15inches
chest: 40 inches
waist 32.5
hips: 46.5

Please tell me how this will affect me and if I should stop and od another kind of workout instead.

Thanx :)

Replies

• historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just completed month one of insanity and yes I did gain some muscle tone, but I did not gain any bulk. My clothes are actually much larger than when I lost more weight, but was only doing cardio such as walking/running. My arms are smaller, my legs are smaller, my stomach is smaller and I feel so much better. I still have a lot of fat to lose, but Insanity is helping me get rid of the fat, get so much leaner and feel more energetic. Within the last 2 weeks so many people have noticed the changes in my body (more than they did the first 20 lbs I lost).. I wish you well with your decision, but I must say I love Insanity and the changes in my body.
  • britcurl
    britcurl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    There is no way...with out steroids, that a woman will get "Bulky". It's not in our genetics. An plus, insanity is mostly 99% cardio.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Insanity is highly unlikely to build muscle-- it is a cardio program. While there is some body weight resistance work in there, that work is primarily designed to prevent muscle loss during high intensity cardio training. Futher, you are unlikely to lose muscle if you are operating at a cal deficit to lose weight. So, no worries.

I like this answer. Highly unlikely to build muscle. I just finished the first month of Insanity and the only place I've gained inches is in my calves - gee I wonder why that is :wink:
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You're doing both programs at the same time? Damn girl! I can barely get myself to purchase one of them... have been debating b/w the two...which one do you like better?
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! that really helps!! I am so happy that I can continue with it! :D
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    They are both very different programs, having don Jillian, for a long time and having lost $25 pounds because of it , I now find it great as a morning workout/warm up. It gets my body reved up for the day. I think my body could do more and so I do insanity ( or atleast try and do whatever I can :p ).... Hoping that I wil be able to get to the full level/ endurance that insanity requires.

For slow and sure fat shredding Jillian rocks!! Just started insanity last week.. it definately consumes more of me.. amd I assume I will see faster results.

hope this helps! :)