Not losing weight because I'm not eating enough carbs???

Options
Hi everyone,

Been working out and eating paleo for 3 months now. Was away the past few days and ate very poorly, yesterday included. Have only been tracking my 1300 calories for about 10 days because I think even though I was eating healthy before on paleo, I ate too much. I have had good days and bad days of eating. In any case, I have only had a 1 1/2 lbs weight loss in 3 months! I must be doing something incredibly wrong, right??

I've been trying (except for yesterday) to eat very few carbs, less than 50g a day. Wondering if it's possible that I eat too little carbs for weight loss to occur. Is that possible?

Some history: 140 pounds, 5'3, pear shaped. Started 3 months ago working out HIIT and resistance training 3X a week.
According to naturopath's measurements, I'm actually not gaining muscle (losing it or keeping it steady) and am gaining some body fat.

Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to add me as a friend too. Thanks.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    So if I read this right, you have been doing the paleo diet for 3 months, but have only been on a calorie deficit for 10 days? If so, then you have only really been trying to lose weight for 10 days and should give it some more time. Even though you changed your eating habits 3 months ago, if you were eating too much, then you can't expect to lose weight.

Also, I took a peek at your diary and it appears to be very sporadic. Are you logging your exercise or did I miss it? Because in the last week I saw a few days where you didn't log anything and several days that you went over by a decent amount. I wish MFP would make it easy to look at other people's diaries and show summaries for the days!

At any rate, if the above is true, give it some more time. I am also tempted to say that you might be making some estimating errors and that maybe on the days you didn't log that you ate more than you think. You may want to take a week or so and be extremely diligent trying to be accurate and see if that makes a difference.
  • torpina
    torpina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I am not loggin my exercise some days because I hoped to lose weight by trying to stay at the 1300 calorie mark. But if I understand what you're saying, I should eat more on the days I work out. I could also be making estimate errors and maybe need to be more precise. Thanks for writing.