Drink Intake

Options
Who does and who does not record the calories of their drinks?

I've never been a fan of recording my liquid calories (except for alcoholic drinks / smoothies / milkshakes), but maybe that's because I don't generally drink a lot of calorie-ridden soda. The drinks that have calories that I usually drink are milk & juice, and I feel like those calories shouldn't matter too much.

Is it a personal thing, or am I totally missing the mark here?

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would count them (I do count mine). They have calories... depending on the milk you drink and how much of it your drink it could easily add up to a few hundred calories a day! Juice is packed full of sugar as well so that should be counted... Milk adn juice are no different than milkshakes, smoothies or alcohol
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would definitely add them in. Anything besides water.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Usually I'm drinking water or something that came in a container with a bar-code on (OJ, Soda, Cran-raspberry, chocolate milk, milk, Smirnoff ice; etc.) in which case I just scan the bar-code with my phone and put in the amount, very easy.

Recently I've been cutting the water with pink lemonade (about 5%) to make it tasty and I don't count that one.

Update: Just for a laugh I scanned the bottle of water I'm drinking, it is in the MFP Database as 0 everything, but doesn't add to my water intake.... maybe that should be a new feature?
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    I drink silk (soy milk) and I add it. Other than that I've cut it down to just water...

Because I tracked it I realized how many carbs, calories, and sugar I was consuming on various other things. I could cut out easily 600+ calories by just going for water instead (and I love a good cold beer) :drinker:

You're not missing the mark, but if you are more accurate in logging it will help you reach your goals faster (or in turn explain why you are not).

Peace!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I made a special section for liquid calories and even track coffee, tea, and diet soda. Milk and juice can be pretty high in calories (an 8 oz glass of oj is 110) and if you drink a few it'll add up and possibly slow your progress.
  • archine71
    archine71 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's responses! I guess I probably should start tracking it, haha. I'm TRYING to drink more water, but I typically only like my water ridiculously cold, so I usually just go for the milk instead... Oops!