Can you spare 60 seconds at NOON today?

Options
I didn't know how or where to put this idea, so I put it here. In honor and thoughts for all the Aurora families , friends and loved ones. If you would just take a moment to reflect on how devastated you would be if it were you, your family member or a friend. RACHAEl started a movement that has swept our nation in dramatic ways after losing her life at Columbine. PAY IT FORWARD is something we can do and it cost you nothing but 60 seconds. If you can pray, if not in your beliefs then just think of them. A PAL of mine has a close friend named PETRA who is in critical condition with a bullet in her head. I asked permission from her to ask for prayers and thoughts for PETRA and a lot of pals responded. Doesn't matter what time zone you are in. PETRA you are in my prayers. God Bless all the Families and victims. GOD BLESS AMERICA AGAIN.

Di

Replies

• nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    c'mon PALS....
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    WOW I am a little disappointed..c'mon
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes - i will pause at noon today to say an extra prayer for your friend and for all the victims. I will even say a prayer for the shooter.... All envolved need God to watch over them during this difficul time. Where two or more are gathered..............
  • woodwickj
    woodwickj Posts: 8
    Options
    I will say a prayer..and for the Columbine children and for my cousin who as a teacher hid her students in an area of her classroom from the columbine shooting. I am sure there are many stories of heroes like her during this recent event. We need to focus on our heroes and pray hard for all the mentally ill individuals who are waiting in the wings for their day. We need to demand gun control and more support for services for those who can not control themselves. Thanks to Di for starting this post.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I will join in the prayer at noon today. Is that EST or MST?

I heard that many of those who were affected by Columbine are helping the families affected by this tragedy. What an amazing way to pay it forward.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I can't do a lot but the least I can do is say a prayer for all the people and their families....How horrible to be in this situation..
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I will participate in the moment of silence at noon today. I couldn't believe it when I found out about the shootings. Colorado had enough to go through with Columbine, they didn't need another event like this.
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • lhavune
    lhavune Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today and my son and grandchildren live in Denver - so grateful they are ok. I will certainly pray for the victims and their families including the shooter and his family - so sad for all involved.
  • mspohn1299
    Options
    I will join in......also praying for the shooter's parents. Can not imagine what they are going through.
  • IAmMrsPrice
    IAmMrsPrice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yes i will pray at noon no problem :) thanks for the post
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Count me in. It's the least I can do.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I will pray at noon. I can't imagine what the families are going through nor the people that were at the theater. My heart has ached for all involved since first hearing about it.
  • Mattdemon
    Mattdemon Posts: 79
    Options
    Pray for what? Hope is all I can do. This is a time to resent God, not go to him.
  • Chan0629
    Chan0629 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm in! :heart:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Or instead of praying, take a moment to do something that might actually make a difference - donate to a mental health organization or make an appointment to donate blood. Just "thinking about it" doesn't have nearly the impact that actions would.
  • mspohn1299
    Options
    Pray for what? Hope is all I can do. This is a time to resent God, not go to him.

God does not cause these bad things........sin does. HE is our only hope in these situations.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

God does not cause these bad things........sin does. HE is our only hope in these situations.

So when good things happen, praise goes to God, but when bad things happen, it's not God's fault? Something's fishy here...
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Prayers sent!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options

So when good things happen, praise goes to God, but when bad things happen, it's not God's fault? Something's fishy here...

+1 Yes, this makes no sense to me either.