Cardio kickboxing. Any one else do it and got results?

Options
I love it so much now. I used to hate it because I had no ability to keep up or not die, but I just finished a half hour worth of cardio kickboxing straight though. It's such a good stress reliever. I just kicked my problems away, you know? And apparently it's good for trimming fat and inches, too. Hand anyone else ever gotten results from cardio kickboxing and enjoys doing it? (:

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it, but it looks like awesome sauce!
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I just got back from a cardio kickboxing class! I used to dislike it too, but now I love it! I believe as part of my overall scheme to lose weight and get more fit that it "works"
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    It is :D<3
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a cardio kickboxing class! I used to dislike it too, but now I love it! I believe as part of my overall scheme to lose weight and get more fit that it "works"
    Hurray! We're gonna be lean mean kickboxing machines
  • Monwilli
    Monwilli Posts: 24
    Options
    My gym's going to start offering a kickboxing class next Thursday, so I'm super excited to try that out!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i've just found a local boxing centre which offers women's boxing fitness classes. Am going to start next week! Really looking forward to it :)
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is brilliant for losing weight and toning. I only run and do kickbox and it makes a huge difference when i go consitently!! I definitely recommend it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Many of the members at my gym get results from cardio kickboxing. More get better results from actual kickboxing on a bag with gloves.
    I love kickboxing (which is why I became an instructor) and it's much more fun to do it than walk on a treadmill for an hour.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I did it for a month. You burn a ton of calories per hour. But I also injured myself a couple of times. The second time was bad enough to make me stop going to the class altogether. :( It is a lot of fun though.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love kickboxing! I've lost quite a bit in the last year so I'd say it works :-)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I do real kickboxing (muay thai.)
    Really improved my cardiovascular fitness level.
    Can't say it contributed much to fat loss.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    LOVE kickboxing. I've been doing it for years, DVDs and classes. I've never had the chance to go to an actual boxing class at a martial arts studio, but more of the aerobic type choreographed stuff. I used to have a punching bag and I have to agree with the other poster-it made a difference! I noticed my arms tone up quicker. But alas, my bag fell out of my ceiling and my gym doesn't use them. Wish they did. Either way kickboxing IS a great stress reliever and is definetely more fun than running in place on an elliptical or something!
  • RachArmstrong
    RachArmstrong Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Man I love it. Trying to go to 3 classes a week, it's such a great workout and stress reliever. I lost over a 14 pounds doing KB and circuit training.

Also thinking of going for a belt! Eeep! Only yellow, but for a woman who was always the fat girl in gym class, it feels great.

I think cardio kb is great too, it's a fab sweat-fest.

Note to self - get to more cardo kb classes
  • sera799
    sera799 Posts: 9
    Options
    It's amazing! I can't vouch for cardio kickboxing because I'm apart of a martial arts academy where we spar each other in every session, so it's a very much different to cardio kickboxing. But it's great, especially when I'm sparring one of the 6ft men! I tell you, kicking somebody in the head at that height takes some doing. If you enjoy cardio kickboxing I'd try and find a local dojo where you can then learn how the kicks can be used in context.