Recovering From Anorexia

Options
arisaurus
arisaurus Posts: 10 Member
HI,

I'm a woman, 22 years old. I've had anorexia or some other ED for twelve years, over half of my life. I'm currently in a relapse and trying to avoid it by eating a structured diet but I can't manage to eat more than 100-200 calories a day recently. Just looking for a little support to stay on track and eat a healthier diet.

Just wanted to say hi.

Replies

• suz827
    suz827 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to say hello to you. I have never been in your shoes - meaning not officially diagnosed with an eating disorder. But I don't think I got to over 300 pounds by a little overindulgence either. I am very new to this community, so I don't know much about it. Are there specific forums for those who share your circumstances? Are you receiving outside help? Anyways, I am so glad you are here and that you posted. Please keep posting. I wish you the best!
  • arisaurus
    arisaurus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there Suz.

I'm not sure there is a board for eating disordered people specifically but I know those looking to recover are welcome. I had outside help before so I know the ins and outs, and my husband is very helpful and supportive of me. I just need a little extra boost so I don't lose too much.

Thanks for the support!
  • archine71
    archine71 Posts: 9
    Options
    I was diagnosed with anorexia and bulimia a few years ago and consider myself RECOVERED. However, during that recovery, I gained around 50-60 lbs over the course of a few months. I just started the long journey to get back to my natural healthy weight.

I understand about eating very little calories, and if you do it like I did (100 cal/day to 2000+ cal/day) you gain a lot back as your body is so shocked. It will be hard, but I would say the best thing to do is slowly raise your caloric intake, maybe by intervals of 100 or 150, whatever feels comfortable. If you feel hungry, EAT, but do not overindulge! Make sure you still keep track of how much you're eating, and recognize that it's at a HEALTHY caloric level.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in trying to get back your healthy body.