Cleanse/Detox

Options
Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions on a good cleanse/detox. :)

Thanks!
Britt

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions on a good cleanse/detox. :)

Thanks!
    Britt

What is your goal with the cleanse/detox?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The truth about Detox diets:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide/detox-diets-purging-myths

Do the research and know the facts before doing anything to your body that could have long term negative effects.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    why?
    eat right
    work hard
    period
  • Onesnap
    Options
    why?
    eat right
    work hard
    period

I know right? Why take a chance that you mess up your metabolism or internal organs. We're only given one body. Treat it right.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    eat the right food and drink water

your body cleanses itself
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    Options
    I don't like buying detox pills or shakes or anything like that, I just don't see how putting something foreign in your body will help it cleanse? Anyways, I do a cleanse about every month, where I just eat raw fruits and veggies for 3-5 days depending on how much you can handle. If you really need the protein eat raw almonds, but that should be only if you really need it. Also, I don't work out as hard or as much during those days, obviously since your body isn't getting as much fuel you can't expect it to work as hard :) It works nice for me!
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    eat the right food and drink water

your body cleanses itself

Absolutely. I was such a goob and used to buy into the "cleanse" products and diets. If you're eating right and limiting toxins going into your body, like alcohol, your body does it on its own.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Water and insoluble fiber
  • DENALI2017
    DENALI2017 Posts: 53
    Options

Do the research and know the facts before doing anything to your body that could have long term negative effects.

Thanks for posting this. I know lots of people trying this... No evidence to support that it is anything more than a dangerous fad.
  • kashmirdreamer
    kashmirdreamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did this diet a few months ago. I saw only 4lb weight loss and it was so boring that I just gained it all back the first day I was off. Then I ate normally, with more focus on fresh foods, for a few weeks and my weight went lower than with the "diet."
    http://www.justinandashleyrefresh.com/2012/03/eat-your-heat-out-diet-aka-satan-diet.html?m=0
  • Onesnap
    Options

Thanks for posting this. I know lots of people trying this... No evidence to support that it is anything more than a dangerous fad.

You are most welcome. Please feel free to save it (and share) as needed. I've found it to be a great resource for folks asking about cleanses or considering a plan that is tons of $$$ (that they want to use it because some famous person's doctor suggested they buy the products). :(
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You will notice that everyone so far is pretty much saying "bad idea".
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great article, thanks for posting it. I've saved it for future use.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was gonna do a detox but then realized that it's only a temporary fix. Why put yourself through uncomfortable, starving, tired hell for 10 lbs that are coming right back as soon as you stop the detox? And you don't need to do a special "get rid of the junk out of my system" flush, your body does that on a regular basis.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Your body naturally cleanses itself.... you don't need any special pill or drink to make it happen.

My best advice (and what I do when I want to "cleanse" my body) is
    - drink lots of water... 12+ cups
    - no processed food... nothing out of a box or can. low sodium.
    - whole grains, fruits and fresh vegetables... all natural. that's whats best for your body.

Good Luck
    ★Melissa
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should have been more specific...

I do not want to buy anything that I wouldn't get at a grocery store.

I do not want to fast or starve myself in any sort of way. I know how I get when I'm hungry or my sugar is low. I am not pleasant.

I am not trying to do this to try and drop a ton of weight fast.

I was looking for responses like: green tea, garlic, lemon, etc.

Thank you to anyone who provided a helpful response.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I do not want to fast or starve myself in any sort of way. I know how I get when I'm hungry or my sugar is low. I am not pleasant.

Instead of telling us what you don't want, can you tell us what you are trying to accomplish? I'm still not clear on this.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Your body naturally cleanses itself.... you don't need any special pill or drink to make it happen.

My best advice (and what I do when I want to "cleanse" my body) is
    - drink lots of water... 12+ cups
    - no processed food... nothing out of a box or can. low sodium.
    - whole grains, fruits and fresh vegetables... all natural. that's whats best for your body.

Good Luck
    ★Melissa

^This! I'm getting ready to start doing this myself because I've been really lax lately and have allowed alot of bad habits to creep back into my routine. I've found that this is the best way to get the addictive chemicals and sugars found in fast foods and/or processed foods and drinks out of my system. It's difficult to go "cold turkey", but the first three days are the hardest. If you can get past that third day, it gets easier. You may find that you have to eat larger quantities of food, though, in order to get enough calories. Healthy foods are nutrient dense, but they are much lower in calories than the junk food.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Please read the WebMD link that I posted above. That does include cleanses and detoxes that are done with things you buy at a grocery store.