Replies

• Imaclown
    Imaclown Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you
  • bobpyle
    bobpyle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck man...i know its hard...I'm having a gastric sleeve next week to help me loose....
  • ecmorales
    ecmorales Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you're in the right place. For years I've always had the knowledge, but not the right tools. This site/tool has made all the difference in supporting my motivation on a daily basis. I'm down 50#s since the first of the year, most of it in the past two months since I started logging my calories on a daily basis with MFP. Seeing the progress of calories in and calories out makes all the difference. Good luck.
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just keep in the front of your mind all of the reasons you want to get healthy. That will help you stay motivated. I've tried so many times to lose the weight, but until I found this website I always failed. This is the first time I feel like I'm truly going to make it, and I know you can too! Just surround yourself with friends on here; the support that people give here helps SO much! You can do this!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Hi and welcome. This site has been the only thing so far that has helped me lose weight. Don't ask me why. I've worked out with trainers before etc and it never happened. Nothing came off. Now I've lost and I'm happy. Still have a lot more to go. Word of advice don't hop on that scale every day. In fact go a week or two between getting on it. Sometimes if you gain, it may be water weight so don't freak out. Like today I got on it and I know yesterday it said I was where I was a few days ago, today it said 2 pounds heavier. One it's super hot out, two I drank a lot of water yesterday which I normally don't do. So my guess is water weight. But I shouldn't have kept hopping on it, I'm just close to seeing it hit the 299 mark and I want it sooo badly. I never want to see 300 again!

Also work outs are going to be a pain. If you can swim I suggest that, nice calorie burn doing swimming and it helps you get into shape for those work out dvds. I'm doing the 30 day shred. It's evil, but no one said this was going to be a walk in the park. You gotta make the choice to do what you need to do and keep going. Also another thing to think about is what you like food wise that you still want but find substitutes. I found sprinkling cooking cocoa powders over bananas (10 calories in a tablespoon of cocoa powder) curves my chocolate craving which is 120 calories for a fun size bar of chocolate. I just saved myself 110 calories. Granted I get those 110 calories from a banana but a whole banana is a lot more filling compared to a piece of chocolate and is better for you too.

If you need any help feel free to add me. This is a great place to get advice. I love it here.
  • Markeisha55
    Markeisha55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Happy Losing:happy:
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! I know it seems scary, but just by joining and then posting your story, you have made a huge leap toward being healthy and fit. This site has all the tools you need, as well as the most amazing people, that are always willing to help with anything you need. Stay focused on one day at a time, and you will see the weight coming off, as well as the benefits of getting healthier. Good luck to you, and feel free to add me if you like.
  • lizziecukes6
    lizziecukes6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's do it! :happy: I'm hoping if someone is paying attention, I'll realize someone will notice if i don't do what I say i will.
  • Morgan103084
    Options
    so happy to see you really trying to change your life for the better. good luck and there are tons of people ready to support you. add me as a friend if you like. (that goes for anyone who just want another friend) Good luck man, i know you can make the change, it's definitely not easy. still working on that myself too!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You've made the first step. You know you need to change and you joined this site. You can do this. Will it be easy? No way. Will it be worth it? Absolutely!

I recommend going to the "success stories" part of this forum and taking a look through there. You'll see an amazing amount of people who've lost an amazing amount of weight. It will show you that with hard word, determination and motivation - YOU CAN DO IT.

Good Luck to you!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

it's been said already, but it's true. There will be up days, down days, and stall days. Just keep at it the right way and it will happen..
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined about a month ago and am doing well. Still need to shed 80 +. But it can be done. One day at a time. nce choice at a time.

Always happy to share food tips and exercise tips.

Good Luck. You can do it!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    try working on small goals like 25 pounds....don't think about anything else but meeting that goal.....take it one day at a time and make small sustainable changes. This is a lifestyle change....not a diet. I started where you are and although i am slow as molasses in january i have now lost 130 pounds and love being active!!!! in fact, i am supposed to be sitting for 6 weeks post op and it is driving me crazy!!!! never thought i would be one to say i wanted to go to the gym.......
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    first day is today. nervous and worried. always talk myself out of making the drastic permanent change i need - self sabotage. But it has to happen this time. The boulder is going over the hill soon on serious health issues. want to be around for my kids..and have a life back.

need to lose 200+ #'s
    I am with you, I need to lose tghe same amount of weight as you. I don't want to worry about the health issues as well, want to see my kids get married and time to take control of my life as well. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I started one day at 379 so I have been there. Stay the course don't expect it over night and just keep working at it. Before you know it a year will pass and you will be in better shape and healthier. Just keep working it =)

^^^^ THIS!!
  • MARSunshine
    Options
    I discovered MFP on Friday just as I was ready to sign up for WW. This site is perfect and is time to finally make a committment to myself which is in turn better for the others who I put first for so long. Given a friend found out she must follow a gluten and diary free existence I've decided to make some of those adustments too. I already walk alot but documenting the excercise makes me up the workouts too.

Good luck to us all...Hope to see less and less of us!
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, I've been here about 5 weeks now and have lost weight already. I find it makes me more accoountable for the choices I make. Feel free to add me, support helps allot I find.
  • midian2010
    Options
    Ty. this first weeks gonna be rough... but i'm psyched to get started.
  • pattyblair51
    Options
    Congats for starting this wonderful journey to better health. add me as a friend if you would like. It is fun to share and keep up with each other and how they are doing. :smile:
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do this!! Feel free to add me if you would like!