Goodbye ciggie butts, hello health freak!

Options
I used to be a smoker. I loved my marlboro ultra lights. I quit in Februray. I haven't missed it. I try not to be one of those "holier than thou" reformed smoker types, b/c I know the affair with the nicotine and had difficult it is for most people to give them up. Today something happened that I got a giggle out of.

I used to drive down the road w/my window cracked smoking as much as i could before I arrived at my destination. Sometimes I'd see some "crazed health nut" running on the sidewalk and think to myself "What the h*lll are they doing? Running, and in the rain no less. What on green earth is wrong with them?"*Big exhale of smoke*

Well today I am so happy to say I was one of those "crazed health nuts". I ran 6 miles, in the rain and on my way back home some lady smoker rubber necked me as I was running, giving me a confused and strange look, like I was crazy. I just laughed and wildly waved at her.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm still laughing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Just had to pat myself on the back:bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I used to be a smoker. I loved my marlboro ultra lights. I quit in Februray. I haven't missed it. I try not to be one of those "holier than thou" reformed smoker types, b/c I know the affair with the nicotine and had difficult it is for most people to give them up. Today something happened that I got a giggle out of.

I used to drive down the road w/my window cracked smoking as much as i could before I arrived at my destination. Sometimes I'd see some "crazed health nut" running on the sidewalk and think to myself "What the h*lll are they doing? Running, and in the rain no less. What on green earth is wrong with them?"*Big exhale of smoke*

Well today I am so happy to say I was one of those "crazed health nuts". I ran 6 miles, in the rain and on my way back home some lady smoker rubber necked me as I was running, giving me a confused and strange look, like I was crazy. I just laughed and wildly waved at her.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm still laughing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Just had to pat myself on the back:bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • alishadsh
    alishadsh Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for you!!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I still give those running freaks strange looks - not so much in the rain as when it's 105 degrees and they are running in full sun - with no visible water.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Doesn't that feel great?! That's so awesome! You Should pat yourself on the back!:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well good for you. You deserve a pat on the back. :flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good for you.:flowerforyou: So happy you quit smoking.:drinker: Isn't it amazing how things look different from the other side. Still smoking here:grumble: but plannin on makin the big change. :happy: Work in progress. Congrats to you and keep up the good work.:wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Perspective is funny:laugh: I remember my cousin getting really angry when she saw women smoking with their kids in the car..... then remembering she used to do it too before she quit smoking.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    aw that is great girl!!!!

I'm gonna pat you on the back too AND a hug too cuz you rock!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Perspective is funny:laugh:

It sure is!!! But I'm so glad I'm on this side of it now. Quitting smoking is the 3rd best thing I've done in my life(The first 2 are each of my kids:smile: )
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Awesome story. Good job! I hope she's still thinking about it, too! Like, what was up with that crazy lady running in the rain and waving like mad? *puff puff*