For those of you who have lost 50 lbs....

Options
I would like to lose 50 pounds in 4 months or less. My question for those of you that have lost 50 lbs or more in a matter of a few months, what kid of advice would you recommend for me? What types of foods did you eat? What types of exercises did you do?
I am just curious to know how others have achieved their goals.

Thanks!

xoxo

Replies

• newmommy2cash
    Options
    BUMP!

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in 4 months is a lot of wt. First make sure you are not setting yourself up for a let down. But My advice to you is, stay focused!!! Dont cheat and work out, drink water only and plenty of it. Good luck!
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    50 lbs in 4 months is a lot of wt. First make sure you are not setting yourself up for a let down. But My advice to you is, stay focused!!! Dont cheat and work out, drink water only and plenty of it. Good luck!

I know everybody is different, but I watched my friend lose 70 pounds in 6 months so I figured I could def lose 50 pounds in 5 months. I know it's ambitious, but hey, I set my goals high. Thank you for your advice!
  • zbtru
    zbtru Posts: 10
    Options
    I've lost a total of 65 lb. I don't eat beef or pork. Only chicken, shrimp, or fish. We also eat boca burgers. If I were you I'ld lower my goal for 4 months. Your trying to lose 12-13 lb a month and that's alot. 8-10 is a more reasonable goal. The next thing you need to do is PORTION control your food, eat the recommended meat and more vegi's and lettuce, And get out and MOVE. In order to burn calories and fat you need to get your heart rate up for AT LEAST 20 min a day. AN hour would be the best, you can start out walking,jogging,swimming..whatever you like to do. My hubby and I go the the Y almost every night for 1-1/2 hours. Hope this helps. Keep up the good work.
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I jogged, drank water, got rid of red meats, forgot about seconds, and always had a fruit or veggie with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds in four months.. I cut out all refined sugar, white pasta, and white bread. I cut out processed foods and stuck to fresh fwhole foods.

But most importantly, I worked out like a mad woman. My goal was to reach a burn of 1000 calories a day and I stuck to my 1200 calories and DID NOT eat my workout calories. It took alot of discipline and willpower, but it worked for me.

:-)
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds in four months.. I cut out all refined sugar, white pasta, and white bread. I cut out processed foods and stuck to fresh fwhole foods.

But most importantly, I worked out like a mad woman. My goal was to reach a burn of 1000 calories a day and I stuck to my 1200 calories and DID NOT eat my workout calories. It took alot of discipline and willpower, but it worked for me.

:-)

I knew it was possible!
    Thank you so much!
    I am jotting all of these tips down!
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I've lost a total of 65 lb. I don't eat beef or pork. Only chicken, shrimp, or fish. We also eat boca burgers. If I were you I'ld lower my goal for 4 months. Your trying to lose 12-13 lb a month and that's alot. 8-10 is a more reasonable goal. The next thing you need to do is PORTION control your food, eat the recommended meat and more vegi's and lettuce, And get out and MOVE. In order to burn calories and fat you need to get your heart rate up for AT LEAST 20 min a day. AN hour would be the best, you can start out walking,jogging,swimming..whatever you like to do. My hubby and I go the the Y almost every night for 1-1/2 hours. Hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

First of all, thank you so much for replying.
    Thanks for the great tips as well!

I do exercise 7 days a week for at least 1 hour and 40 minutes if not 2 hours and I love vegetables and fruits so that's easy for me. But you are right, I should set my goal at 8-10 pounds a week and if I exceed that, then good for me, if not, then I won't be disappointed.

Thanks again!
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I jogged, drank water, got rid of red meats, forgot about seconds, and always had a fruit or veggie with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I only walk for an hour, I do 10 minutes of eights and the 30 day shred video, 7 days a week....maybe I should jog instead. More fruits and veggies can't hurt either...

Thank you!