Hi.. So.. I have a question...

Options
13»

Replies

• Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Trust me, losing weight slow is a GOOD thing. You're more likely to keep it off then :)

Lol well i hope thats true.
    I have really cut back on my calories.. im fairly sure i was eating 4000 cals or more a day up until last week
  • Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You're not doing anything wrong, 2lbs is great, my first weeks on here I lost 2lb a week consistently, then it dropped down to 1lb/less a week, you just have to stick with it, some people who lose a lot of weight at the start have a lot of weight to lose, compared to someone (for example) who needs to lose 10lbs.

I suppose i have a lot to lose in my own mind.. im 285, would like to get to 140 if i can.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i think you are doing fine 2lbs in 1 week is GOOD!!!!

most ppl who drop weight fast in the beginning its just water weight...you may not have had any excess water weight to drop :) just dont give up or get discouraged...slow and steady wins the weightloss race :)

ohh and i might suggest by looking at your diary to eat at your calorie level and eat back some of your exercise calories...i seen a few days way under your calorie goal....your body may need a bit more fuel than you think

Arent you supposed to be under your calorie goal? i thought you were suppose to stay in the green and have as many left over calories as possible =/ LOL

no no no....that is the point of having a daily calorie goal...you want to at least get to your normal goal and then when you exercise eat back a little of that...i always try to eat back at least half of what i burn off....
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    and to clarify YES you want to be in the green...not the red but you want to be close to that "daily goal" as possible...i would say no more than 100 calories under without exercise...and if you exercise and burn 200 calories..I myself would eat another 100 calories for that day....but also going over by a little bit is NOT going to hurt either :)
  • sweetbaker77
    Options
    Not everyone looses huge amounts at the begining. Some times slow and steady wins the race!