Mothers Day Gifts

wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
So, I am at a loss with what to get my mom for mothers day. I'm usually awesome at getting her some presents, but have ABSOLUTELY no clue this time. And..to top it off, my brother (who is 29) doesn't get her anything and just gives me money and puts his name on my presents. So, I have to think of something or we both will be without anything.

Any suggestions for what Moms love? I know we have a lot of moms out there...and I could REALLY use your help!!

Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    So, I am at a loss with what to get my mom for mothers day. I'm usually awesome at getting her some presents, but have ABSOLUTELY no clue this time. And..to top it off, my brother (who is 29) doesn't get her anything and just gives me money and puts his name on my presents. So, I have to think of something or we both will be without anything.

Any suggestions for what Moms love? I know we have a lot of moms out there...and I could REALLY use your help!!

Thanks!
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Gift certificate to a spa if that is your mom's thing. I know people hate GC and gift cards, but for something like that it works, or take her with you and use your brother's money you pay for yours!!
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    I am giving my mom the gift of labor - I told her to make a list of chores that she wants done. I am also taking lunch fixings for the day - so she won't have to do any cooking while I am doing chores. I think most moms just want time with their grown daughters - you could also take her to lunch and then a nice dessert somewhere to give her "chat" time with you.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I know some think giving gift cards are tacky but personally I would love to have a gift card for my favorite store or jewelry. Can't go wrong with jewelry. Or favorite perfume.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Gift certificate to a spa if that is your mom's thing. I know people hate GC and gift cards, but for something like that it works, or take her with you and use your brother's money you pay for yours!!
    [/quote

Just what I was thinking. And if mom doesn't want to go I will.:laugh: Happy mom's day to all.:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    I ordered my mother coffees and teas from http://www.lolasavannah.com. Their prices are great and the coffee is way better than Starbucks. Fresh roasted here in Houston. They service Brennens and all the finer restaurants here in town. Their tea list is awesome.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    I'm just making my mom a nice dinner(healthy of course) at my house. Money is really tight right now and she understands. We will be together, that's all that matters.
    Personally I would love a HRM from my husband. Funny, I want something related to fitness but that's really my true want!!!!!:laugh:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Every year my brother and I have a card creation contest. We hand make cards and my mom, without fail every year, says, "you are my favorite" to both of us at the end of the contest. The cards are hysterical and its just so much fun.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    how cool is that! lol

my mom loves walking lately so I'm buying her new walking shoes and a springy sweat out fit so she can be the hippest mom in the walking group she belongs too LOL....70, saucy and sooo pretty! :heart:

What does she like to do...I'd go from there....and I LOVE GC....never tacky to me...I can buy what i need when I need it and its such a nice relaxed feeling to have that ability like free money! lol

One year we got her a mothers ring, one year we got her a family portrait....which she loved both! but ran out of things like that soooo now on to her interests....like if she's an advid reader, a gc to borders and maybe some goodies she likes!

hugs and good luck...good daughter you!
    Ali
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Unfortunately, my parents are far away...... so the coffees and teas will have to suffice, and I'll call her while she's drinking:drinker:
  • ramsam70
    ramsam70 Posts: 37
    It may be a little late now, but one year I got my mom a "tattoed steel" bracelet with all of the kids names and little stick figure symbol on it. She cried when she opened it. ( from a familyof 12 kids- so it was a lot to get all the add-ons!)

my sisters and I make her scrapbook pages, she is into that, and I am making her some personalized jewelry this year- it is a new hobby and she said she wanted some, so it will be fun and I already have all the supplies... (me with a soldering iron makes my husband very nervous:wink: )

For me- my husband splurged on a spa day one year , which I loved, and he bought me a large planted pot just bursting with flowers and ivy. It lasts me all summer long on my porch, and I LOVE it- every year he gets it planted again and sets it out on Mother's Day. It is a tradition I love.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    I"m getting my MIL a scrapbook of our vacation to CA. I did it on shutterfly and it was supper easy. My mom wants Wii Fit - how funny is that :laugh: I guess if that's what she wants (and I have 2 other sister's to go in on it).

If you're running out of time some the ideas listed gave me the idea of a gift basket - sundaes with ice cream coupons, sundae glasses, ice cream scoop toppings, etc.

Chocolate lovers with all kinds of chocolate

here are a couple of sites that had some ideas.

http://tipnut.com/homemade-gift-baskets/

http://www.essortment.com/all/giftideascraft_rdvq.htm

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/01/010716b.cfm

Depending on what you like there are tons of ideas. Hope it helps!
  • wriglucy
    Wow...some good ideas!
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    I'm getting my mom a new digital camera. Her's is really old and slow and I know she wants a new one.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    My daughter picked out a new plant and a pot for it that she claims is just like "Grammie" I told my mom that her present from me was a day when my kids will NOT call to say they need a ride. It is the end of the year and mom usually jumps in to pinch hit when I can't drive.:blushing:

For my mom in law- I leave that up to my hubby- that is his mom- but we will probably wait and do something for Mom & Dad's day when we visit in July- giving of labor and time- whenever we stay with them for a week I try to cook some for her because she is a meat and potatoes cooker and I cook lots of other fun things.

For me- my kids better come through this year- :angry: I have bought my own presents for Mom's day and my birthday (2 weeks later) for the last couple years and I blew up at them a couple of weeks ago- you would think that a 16, 15,and 13 yo could come up with SOMETHING- even if they just did their chores without me Yelling.:grumble:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    One year I wrote my mom a "Letter" and told her all the things I loved and appreciated about her, what I felt her best qualities were as a mom and as a person. I had it writtin in calligraphy and framed.

All us moms forget we are people sometimes and to here I loved her as a person and not just because she was my mom meant alot to her. That was the best mothers day ever . We cried like babies :cry: :smile: