Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem

Options
So, I've been trying to loose the last 15 lbs. for months after having my 3rd and final child in March 2011. I was doing really well with the 17 Day Diet, but it seems like I have no real free time to prepare and organize my meals everyday right now. I have a 1 year old and almost 3 year old and a 7 year old and a very needed husband. I went way off the diet wagon and just eating/drinking way more than I should and have gained 4 lbs. back.

Anyway, I know all diets work if you stick to them and focus on the goal at hand, so I'm thinking of doing Jenny Craig of Nutrisystem as they seem to be a bit easier b/c the food is prepared for me. I did Jenny Craig before and liked it, but also was thinking about Nutrisystem. I think once I get back on track with Jenny or Nutrisystem and drop at least half of the 15 lbs., I'll try and get the rest off on my own. I also want to try the Couch to 5K and that will also help.

Anyone have any opinion on either diet system?

Replies

• alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily like either of them and would never try them. I did follow Weight Watchers for almost 2 years and lost 80lbs. Yes you still have to prepare food but you are able to still eat whatever you would like, but in moderation. WW is honestly the best thing I could offer advice to you on. I am sure Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem work for some but what happens when you are done following it and start eating your own foods? You need to just learn portion control and moderation of your normal day to day meals. I know its hard to prepare meals with children (I have a 2 year old son) but this is a lifestlye change. I hope whatever you do descide to try works out for you and I hope the best for you! :)
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have done both and lost with both. The problem is you do not learn how to prepare the right food for yourself. I gained back all the weight plus more both times. You will be much better off making the time to prepare proper meals. My family eats what I eat...

Good luck.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I did Nutrisystem for about 2 months. I was losing weight and feeling great, but after the 2nd month I just could not bring myself to eat the food any longer. It was terrible! There were a few really good ones, but after eating the same thing week after week I got tired of it. Now I am just eating clean and seeing the same results. But again it DID work! If you can stomach their food go for it! TIP: If you call and tell them you want to cancel the membership they will first offer you a much lower price on their program to get you stay. Well good LUCK!
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have done both and lost with both. The problem is you do not learn how to prepare the right food for yourself. I gained back all the weight plus more both times. You will be much better off making the time to prepare proper meals. My family eats what I eat...

Good luck.

I agree 100% with being able to prepare your own meals and learning how to eat healthier and in moderation!