Carbonation

Options
I've been throwing a handful of frozen fruit in the top of my glass of water and ice at the beginning of the work day. As the day progresses the fruit softens and I get more of the fruit flavor in the afternoons when I start to drag. But really I'm a soda addict trying to break the Diet Coke habit. Has anyone tried carbonating water with just fruit/a little bit of juice? I miss the bubbles...

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    um not sure what is wrong with buyng carbonated water to toss in? Go for it.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Infatuation, dehydration, fluctuation, staycation, GPS location, deflation, hibernation, subway station....
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    I love club soda and drink it all the time with lime, juice, or a tiny squirt of flavored syrup!
  • PediDocChicago
    PediDocChicago Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink naturally flavored soda water (I like the Lacroix brand orange flavor best, its cheap and in cans) or the Poland Springs lime one when they have it. Calorie free, and better for your bones than diet cola type things.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Arrowhead sells sparkling water that has "essences" of fruit in it. I've been buying that in the citrus flavors & either adding a bit of fruit juice or a half packet of Crystal Light...no extra calories, and it helps me with my need for carbonation! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    how are you carbonating water with fruit? you're fermenting it?
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with buying carbinated water. It's still water.. with fizz.

And then there is always this option.... http://www.sodastreamusa.com/
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Flavored seltzer and a bit of juice works well for me :drinker:
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i have read other articles about the downside of drinking anything carbonated, it's not just the calories. this is a cut and paste from A Natural Healing Center:

The carbonation irritates the stomach.

The stomach "cures" the irritation the only way it knows how. It adds the only antacid at its disposal: calcium. It gets this from the blood.

The blood, now low on calcium, replenishes its supply from the bones. If it did not do this, muscular and brain function would be severely impaired.
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I believe the only thing Carbonation does is bloat or stretch your stomach a little. Like all things, moderation. I drink Perrier (no Calories) with lime, lemon, or both.

21604338.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    i have read other articles about the downside of drinking anything carbonated, it's not just the calories. this is a cut and paste from A Natural Healing Center:

The carbonation irritates the stomach.

The stomach "cures" the irritation the only way it knows how. It adds the only antacid at its disposal: calcium. It gets this from the blood.

The blood, now low on calcium, replenishes its supply from the bones. If it did not do this, muscular and brain function would be severely impaired.

...that's interesting, i hadn't ever heard that. I can say, though, that I have hypoparathyroidism and so my blood calcium is in a constant state of change, and although i definitely feel my blood calcium levels drop after cola (which i therefore won't touch anymore!), i've never had that problem with non-phosphoric acid carbonated beverages like club soda and lemon lime drinks!
  • cfwilliams55
    Options
    Wow, that is good to know. Especially as we age, we have to add so much more calcium and Vitimin D to offset our bone loss!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I tried for years to break the soda habit by replacing it with seltzers. Couldn't do it until I stopped drinking anything carbonated. May not work the same for everyone, but the bubbles just kept me wanting soda.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Infatuation, dehydration, fluctuation, staycation, GPS location, deflation, hibernation, subway station....

Win!