NSV

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
So it may not seem like a big deal- but it is to me. I've ALWAYS been big on sweets, I love them. I love candy, chocolate, ice cream etc... I have not had a soda in over a week now, haven't had any 'sweets' other than fruit in 3 days now, and I just put a little cinnamon candy in my mouth at work, and spit it right back out. I'm proud of myself- toot toot! :laugh:

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yay! Great willpower! :happy:
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    haha- this is my first 'nsv' so i'm stoked LOL might not seem like a big deal to anyone else- but anyone who KNOWS me knows how hard just the soda part is...I used to drink at LEAST a 12 pack a day....horrible, but true.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, keep up the great work!
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options
    Wow! That's great! Going from a 12 pack to 0 a day is a true accomplishment! Thats like going from 480g (which for me is 10 times my daily limit!) of sugar turning straight to fat every day to your body actually burning some of the fat off your body! Be proud!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Wow! That's great! Going from a 12 pack to 0 a day is a true accomplishment! Thats like going from 480g (which for me is 10 times my daily limit!) of sugar turning straight to fat every day to your body actually burning some of the fat off your body! Be proud!

Yeah- I was living a pretty unhealthy lifestylebefore- I won't deny it's hard, some days are harder than others- but i'm determined! Thank you!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Toot Toot you go girl!!!! ;-) I used to drink so much soda. I am down to about 2 a week!!! ;-) U are a rockstar!!!
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    That is great, I kicked the soda in Feb, feels good! My NSV, I wore a shirt this weekend that touched my tummy! My smaller tummy! Kinda funny I know but all my weight is in my tummy so I have always gone to great lengths to make sure everything was loose and flowing over the tummy!
  • DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options

Yeah- I was living a pretty unhealthy lifestylebefore- I won't deny it's hard, some days are harder than others- but i'm determined! Thank you!

You are most welcome!

When I got serious over a month ago I stopped drinking soda myself....A few weekends ago I was looking at a can of MTN Dew and it had 62g of sugar...IN ONE CAN....I was just in disbelief. How I ever justified drinking the empty calories and poisioning my body with that stuff before just baffles me. I feel much better now that I'm off of the "pop-drug" and know as I continue to lose weight I can attribute at least part of it to not drinking soda! Something I've found that's a great alternative is the Mio water additive. It has good flavor, and doesn't even have aspertame (which I'm convinced is terrible for you)

Keep fighting!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    well done! x
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

You are most welcome!

When I got serious over a month ago I stopped drinking soda myself....A few weekends ago I was looking at a can of MTN Dew and it had 62g of sugar...IN ONE CAN....I was just in disbelief. How I ever justified drinking the empty calories and poisioning my body with that stuff before just baffles me. I feel much better now that I'm off of the "pop-drug" and know as I continue to lose weight I can attribute at least part of it to not drinking soda! Something I've found that's a great alternative is the Mio water additive. It has good flavor, and doesn't even have aspertame (which I'm convinced is terrible for you)

Keep fighting!

Never heard of it, I actually drink crystal light when I have a craving for something sweet to drink. That or the clear america water. Both delicious!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    well done! x

Thank you!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! Isn't it just crazy how built-in some actions are, like popping in the candy without even thinking about it, not needing it or wanting it. Defeating that is SO huge! Great work all around! :D
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! Isn't it just crazy how built-in some actions are, like popping in the candy without even thinking about it, not needing it or wanting it. Defeating that is SO huge! Great work all around! :D

I agree! I used to have a little bucket of candy on my desk for people who came to visit my office, but I ended up eating it all and replacing it just to eat it all again! (Except for the maintenance man who kept eating all my banana Laffy Taffy... I bet he's really sad now... lol) I actually told my co-workers to keep an eye on me and scold me if I eat something bad, so one of them came in and walked off with my bucket for my own good. I haven't seen it since!
  • DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options

You are most welcome!

Keep fighting!

Never heard of it, I actually drink crystal light when I have a craving for something sweet to drink. That or the clear america water. Both delicious!

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

:-)
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options

You are most welcome!

Keep fighting!

I tried Mio and I guess I'm doing it wrong or something because I always put too little or too much and could never get the right amount. It was either too sweet or too bleh. I wasted so much water pouring it down the drain. I've stuck with Crystal Light since which I know is not good for you, but I'm thinking about buying lemons to flavor my water. I like cucumber water too. It's pretty refreshing.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Definitely an NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!