I'm back...THIRD time!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm back on this quest again! After an incredibly rough year I'm ready to be skinny and cute...again!

I started dieting about 2 weeks ago. I had a hysterectomy actually 4 weeks ago. Since the surgery and starting the diet I've lost a total of 16 pounds. I can't get over how much better I feel! I've cut refined sugar completely out of my diet and gluten. Still have some carbs here and there but usually nothing over 50 a day. I still have at least another 16 to go if not more but I'm trying to take it one step at a time!

Anyhow, all of you ladies are amazing and inspiring! And heaven knows I need some inspiration.
Thanks everyone!
Tara

P.S. I updated my profile!

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I read your profile, and all I can say is "Wow" I am glad you are still around to come back for the third time."

I am sorry you had to have a hysterectomy at such a young age. I , but it sounds like it was the best solution. I am in my fifties and had one last January, and the physical improvement was great. I also lost weight after surgery, but I didn't discover this website until April, after I had regained what was lost and some "interest." :brokenheart:

As you know, this is the place, so I wish you well on your journey to better health!! Welcome back,:flowerforyou:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Thank you so much! Your weight loss is amazing! I'm so incredibly impressed!

You are right and though some days are hard, I really do know that it was the right choice. It was my only choice! Today I drove by myself for the first time in, I don't know how long! I'm slowly beginning to do more and more and feel more human! By cutting sugar out, I think I've been experiencing a lot more energy too! Its amazing!

Anyhow, thank you so much for the comment! :o)
  • inkaddict
    Options
    It's my 3rd time on this site too! Never too late to get on the wagon.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hey! There are a few guys on here as well! :ohwell:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    <squeal!!> You're back! :) I've been wondering about you and how you've been. I read your profile and I wish I could just give you such a big hug! You have been through so much, and yet, you are still so upbeat and postive. I really look up to you. I'm glad you've popped back on here.

Don't keep pushing yourself so hard! Remember, the longer it takes you to heal, the longer its going to be before you can do the things you want! Give yourself some time to let your body rest and reset itself.

You're doing great, and if you need anything, you know where to find me. I'm proud of you!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Oh yes! I forgot about all the studly men of MFP!! :happy:

Haha Dragonfly! I feel so loved and remembered! Everyone in my family keeps telling me not to push it. Sigh...it must be true. But its hard to turn that mode off! I'm so happy to be back here and actually have a chance at loosing weight! I can't wait to visit with everyone again and feel apart of something so grand! I'm super impressed with you and your dedication...you've got an anniversary coming up in Feb, anything fun and exciting going to happen? A trip? Getaway? :o)

Anyhow! Thank God I am healthy enough to try again! :heart: