100 lbs gone! (pics)

Options

Replies

• rocketgirl51
    rocketgirl51 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh,I am sooooo proud of you. You not only look MORE beautiful but but you have changed your pathway to health. As a registerd nurse, i see the daily results of the pathway to obesity...cervical cance, the terrible results of diabetes, sleep apea, breast cancer, heart disease, It is more dangerous to intubate an extremely heavy patient because of all the tissue around their throat. It's is harder on our lungs when we are aleep for a long time during surgery. We heal slower. The surgical staff has to use bigge and bigger equipment, larger safety straps, larger wheelchairs, larger blood pressure cuffs.
    I knew all this and saw all this but I still let "poundage" creep up on me. Too much cervcal and breast cancer was showing up and a light bulb went off.
    SO....you keep up the GOOD WORK!! Take care of YOU!
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    Great job, keep up the amazing work! :)
  • MegGirl1990
    Options
    For those wondering, I didn't do anything special. I didn't change my diet (I still eat junk - chocolate). I just cut way back on calories (about 1500 per day) and started exercising. I lost 40 lbs prior to joining MFP, by eating a lot less. Then, in August 2011, my doctor told me about MFP, set a goal for me and I've been at it ever since. I had a brief period from February through April where I stopped logging my calories, because my back flared up (I had surgery on May 2011) and I felt terrible. I managed to maintain my weight-loss, but I knew that I needed to get back on track. So after Spring semester ended, I jumped back into MFP and started working out again. My workout consists of stationary bike riding (because I actually enjoy it) and 30DS (which I am trying to enjoy). I know I should work on eating healthier and I am slowly incorporating healthy choices into my meals, with the occasional chocolate bar thrown in for good measure. :) I want to focus on weight-loss and being healthy and then toning.

Thanks again for all the complements and encouragement. Good luck on your journeys!!!
  • NdigoBlue
    NdigoBlue Posts: 37
    Options
    Great job!! I am proud and inspired by your success!!!
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think I love your smile in both pictures. :) BUT! What an amazing job. I didn't see your height at first and was going to ask how tall you are...b/c you carry your current weight very well! Keep at it and you'll get there! Exercise is key!
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • ablanchard7
    Options
    Wow!! Fantastic Job!! As we all know, Weight loss is a struggle and it is x's ten when you fall off the wagon! I love mYFitness Pal.. I have never come here to talk or listen but I think I may to asorb new things and just get that added support I need... Good luck to you all and again Congrats to your weight loss! that is quite an accomplishment! :)
  • RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    wow! good for you!! you look AMAZING!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kser145
    kser145 Posts: 40
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • victoriab123
    victoriab123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow, your story is very very encouraging!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Girl....you look great, good for you!!!! :-)
  • beneficiaryofpossibility
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment! I can't wait to get there myself! :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    sure is quite an accomplishment, great work! looking good!
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    well done!!
  • BrownlineC1731
    Options
    Wow, today is my first day and a year from now I too hope to have success. Get job!
  • LuckyStarGazer
    Options
    Congratulations! I came to the forums today looking for motivation/inspiration, and you've provided it! I'm just starting out (since May) at 5'10 and a bit heavier than your starting weight, but seeing how great you look and hearing how you did it is really helpful. Thank you for sharing!

18861258.png
  • ChelleFeegan
    ChelleFeegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fantastic you're looking amazing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!