Pinterest

Options
zbmb30
zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
My sister-in-law was the first person to really explain Pinterest to me (my best friend had invited me, but I didn't get it). I am now officially addicted to it. They have some awesome recipes.

There was a protein shake one that was amazing that I tried this morning. It had a cup of coffee, a scoop of whey protein (flavor of your choice), a cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a bit of ice. It literally tasted like cappachino.

I also have never eaten quinoa before. I found a recipe on there for quinoa pizza bites for a snack. They are delicious and low in calories. My mini muffin pan was smaller than theres, so the amount was off.

I am also eating stuffed peppers with ground turkey for lunch. :)

I know most people probably know about Pintersest, but I just wanted to give my experience with it with you all.

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love recipe ideas from pinterest! I have found some pretty awesome recipe blogs by pinning!
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to figure out how to read the recipe. What I mean, is I click on it, but the recipe never appears - only a picture. What in the world am I doing wrong?
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I joined Pin interest and had such a hard time figuring out how to use it that I've never been back. I guess I need to get someone who knows what it's all about to explain to me. It just seemed so confusing.... or I'm just dumb! :embarassed:
  • jgainey1
    jgainey1 Posts: 19
    Options
    When you click the picture and it brings up another picture, click that picture and it will take you to the site where the actual recipe is posted.
  • twins621
    twins621 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am also a pintrest addict!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I think I'm on pinterest more than mfp now lol
  • jvint1
    jvint1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Click on it again and it will take you to the site the recipe is from. You click once to repin if you want and again to follow the pin to its source.
  • FTW7
    FTW7 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm also on pinterest. Please feel free to follow me! PurpleK7.
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pinterest addict too! lol Username is nrsejessie, feel free to follow so I can do the same :flowerforyou:
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I enjoy pinterest as well. There are alot of great ideas on there. My house is going to look like it's from better homes & gardens some day.
  • pittcurl
    pittcurl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is my additiction. Just looking at the pictures is so sinfully good. I have discovered a lot of fun stuff. It also is so cool with finding exercises and a big boost on modivational pictures. Just "pin" it to your page adn you could get back to it when you need it. Each picture links back to the site that had it. It is really cool almost like a picture search engine if you must.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    There was a protein shake one that was amazing that I tried this morning. It had a cup of coffee, a scoop of whey protein (flavor of your choice), a cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a bit of ice. It literally tasted like cappachino.

I do this recipe quite a bit. Its awesome!

I am also addicted to Pinterest. At lunch at work you will usually find me laughing at the humor section or surfing pinterest. I guess there are worse addictions.

I make green pepper soup a lot in the winter and its pretty healthy. I use mostly home canned tomatoes, brown rice and turkey burger.
  • JavaArk
    JavaArk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Pinterest fan! So many great ideas for healthy nutrition and exercise, as well as a ton of other ideas in other areas! I just need to find the time to do everything that I have pinned! :)
  • misskelli22
    Options
    I love Pinterest too. Now I don't rip stuff out of magazines and have papers laying around. It's a great way to organize things that interest you. Time can really fly by though when you are on it!
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest! I find so many recipes on there and try to make atleast 1 new one a week! My username is erin8199, feel free to follow :flowerforyou:
  • kristengraham
    kristengraham Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I admit... i'm addicted to pinterest :)

kristen86marie is my username... feel free to follow me
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @ actg95: Once you see the picture on the pinterest website, click on it again and that will lead you to the actual website. Hope this helps.
  • ba18ba18a
    ba18ba18a Posts: 46
    Options
    Pinterest is awesome but it sure is a time stealer! I've made many recipes and craft projects from it. Got a lot of my wedding ideas from it. It's a great place to find all kinds of inspiration. My favorite quote from Pinterest: "You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great".