walking sneakers recommendations

Options
Can anybody recommend a really good walking pair of sneakers. I just can never find the right pair. I walk extremely fast almost everyday!!! So I need a very comfortable pair. I know everybody feet are different, but if you can tell me what worked for you, I can at least try on a pair.

Thanks for your recommendation!!!!!! AND ROCK ON MFPs!!!

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I like Saucony. It's not necessarily one of the top name but they lasted for me and were comfy. ****'s sporting goods carries them or at least did. Check on their website. Don't know where you live.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    The computer bleeped the name. It is the nickname of Richard.
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice!!!!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm I fast walker too. I've been through a few pairs and the ryka pair (might be called featherlite) are the best for walking for me. The heels looks high, but your foot sits down a bit further than it looks like. I don't have problems with the heel hitting/scraping on uneven surfaces anymore.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I gotta go with shape ups. I LOVE them
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I could never find shoes that worked for me until I went to the barefoot type shoes. They change how your foot strikes the ground (midfoot instead of hill) and it makes all the difference for me. I couldn't run until I wore Five Fingers. I have since switched to Merrell Trail Gloves because they have the Vibram sole but a tiny bit more sole and look like real shoes.
  • thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I walk - A LOT!! - and for the last 6 years have sworn by Merrell. I buy the same shoe each time - siren sport GTX. It fits like a glove, doesn't need broken in and no blisters or hot spots ever.
  • beth0672
    beth0672 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have some Nike running tennis shoes. The heel is high on them too but they are the most comfortable walking shoes I've had! I walk fast too, my strolling pace is about 3mph and these have been great!
  • CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    After a foot injury, I went to a podiatrist to get orthotic inserts. I asked him the same question and he recommended New Balance shoes and he said my Merrel trail shoes and boots for hiking were also good choices. Another tip - never wear the same pair of shoes day after day after day. Have at least two pairs and alternate.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    LOVE my Pearl Izumis! They cost a bit more, but I put over 500 miles on mine and the still look and feel great!