Jillian Michael's 30 day shred success?

Options

Replies

• WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also doing Jillian's 30 day shred. I am on Level 2 and it's a killer. My twin sister just worked out doing that workout and watching her diet, sticking to about 1300 calories. She went from a size 12 to a size 6!!! She looks amazing. I am now following in her footsteps. It took her about 7 months but it was worth the pain she says. She was religious about logging into mfp on her phone and really keeping track of everything she ate and drank. Let me know how you do! I'm gonna stick with it, cuz I know it works! :O)

I am much like your sister. I went from a 14 to a 6 in 7mths. (50lbs) If you would like to see pics I believe my profile is open to the public.
    I did a mix of her dvds after completing the shred. I would say it for sure gets your endurance up and sheds fat along the way. The only thing I would say is after 5mths of JM dvds, they are no longer effective for me, they did there job well at the beginning and for that i am forever grateful, but if you stick with them, you will surpass them and need to move up to something more intense. I am about to start Insanity, and for the last 2 mths I have done my own strength training program while running on my off days.
    Lots of luck!
  • jscheuf
    jscheuf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad you posted this. I am on day 6 of level 1 and the scale says I gained a pound. I know I am getting stronger and that I am building muscle but it is discouraging. It is go to know that if I just keep with it I will see weight loss later on in the program. Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 2 day 2 this morning but I took my measurements day 1 then on day 11 after I finished the first level. I shredded 4 & 3/4 inches so far. I'm pretty dang pleased.
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    Everytime I do it I don't lose much weight but I lost so much in inches I HAVE to get new clothes. Not want, because it feels odd, but I mean even my bras and belts and jewlry don't fit! Suddenly all my shirts are HUGE and I have to change my pants every other time I complete 30DS
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Here is my blog post on 30DS:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224/view/30-day-shred-final-thoughts-and-results-pictures-258435

Here's my blog in general, which also has a few other things in it, to include my results from doing Ripped in 30 immediately after 30DS.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224

Best wishes and much success to you!
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    check out my profile to see my success. I have 4 pictures of before and afters for the first 10 days of just my torso and also two pictures of before and after the whole 30 days with me all dressed up.

Many of my family members have had great success with the shred.

Also I have terrible knees and they improved with the building of muscle around them from the shred. And I can run for two miles in under 14 minutes from just using the shred to condition myself. I had never been able to run before so to each there own but I support the shred hands down!!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers:)
    i've still got 7 more days on level 1, but I'm reallyy scared for level 3!
    Level 3 was easier for me than level 2 was. lol
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Im on L1D7 and I know its early to say theres a change but I swear!!!! I can feel it in thighs, I took all my measurements and weight before I did this and I cant wait to see where I end up. I think im gonna stick with Level 1 a little longer because I was sick and had some off days, and then imma jump into Level 2 and give it my all!.. Im using 5lbs weights and when I started I can tell you that lunge and lift crap killed me but I can do it so good now! and idk if anyone else has ever done this but I watch myself in the mirror to make sure my posture is correct and it HELPS SOOOO MUCH!

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME MY FELLO 30 Day Shreders!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this and it is tough! I'm only on level 1 so far but have been doing it just over a week and my stomach is the flattest it's been in a long time, my baby belly is shifting! I love it!

Ha ha...if only I could get what is left of my tummy to work its way back up to the boobs I've lost from working out. :sad:
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I got cocky by the end of Level 1 thinking I was tough....now I'm 3 days into Level 2 and, well, not feeling that way anymore! Good luck to you...it's worth it!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have 4 days left of Level 3 (although I did not do it every day - average 4 - 5 times per week)

I can definitely feel the changes in my body, and in my clothes. One of the biggest changes I have noticed is that I feel much stronger in my core, leading to better posture and the disappearance of my somewhat chronic low back ache.

I've also been following MFPs calorie recommendations for a 1lb per week loss, and am down a total of 11 lbs so far (since 6/3.)

I really like the Shred. I plan to just restart it again immediately, but using 5lb weights (I've been using 3lb) and shooting for the advanced moves for everything - I've had to do some of the beginner moves the first go, especially on the plyometrics. I'm also starting the C25K plan, but I still want to shoot for 5 days of Shred per week. After that, maybe I'll try Ripped.

I wish I had pics to show, or measurements to give, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead in the beginning. :(
  • ffwife97
    ffwife97 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am currently on Level 2, Day 4. I sweated pretty good on Level 1 but Level 2 is a lot tougher. I think my toughest part on level 2 is the last circuit-strength training. I have a real hard time doing that. But I know that my endurance will keep getting better. I did Level 1 for 12 days instead of ten and There were a few days where I did it early morning and in the evening. Now, I am focused on biking or jogging at least once a day too for 30-45 minutes. So far I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks! I even took 1 day off & went to Six Flags Great America and totally splurged.

It is hard but the pay off is great! My goal is just to loose the bit of tummy I have (small muffin top), loose the fat on the thighs & I really want to tone up. I would really like to be back in (or close to) my "before-4 children" jeans. :). Good luck to everyone who is doing it.

A BIG RECOMMENDATION: Make sure to wear good shoes and use a yoga mat to help lessen the impact on the knees & lower legs. Without that many people have complained about shin problems or knee issues.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Starting it over today! I got to level 3 before I got sick and I tell you that there was a difference in inches. I was toned up and feeling hot! I don't think I had lost but a 1lb or 2 but was WAYYY more toned in just 25 days (took days off)

You have nothing to lose but Inches!
  • Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started it today and my muscle are a bit sore. I want it to work and I'm determined :)
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Welp, I just did Day 1 of Level 1 yesterday. LOL. I know I am sore in areas, I did use 3lb weights and if you're not use to working out, it will make you sore! Lol. I will be afraid for Level 2 & 3. Lol

How many days do you do Levels 1, 2 & 3 for does anyone know?
  • monette13
    monette13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everytime I do it I don't lose much weight but I lost so much in inches I HAVE to get new clothes. Not want, because it feels odd, but I mean even my bras and belts and jewlry don't fit! Suddenly all my shirts are HUGE and I have to change my pants every other time I complete 30DS

And this is a complaint?? I would love to keep buying smaller sizes in clothes everytime I work out. :)
  • ablanchard7
    Options
    its nice to see everyone has had sucess with Jillian. I have her 90 day program and really need to get on the horn.. i love that the videos they are 0nly 30 minutes a day! I jsut need to find the motivation! Its really hard to find it when you work out alone!!!!! SO wish me luck! im dusting it off tonight!!! :):bigsmile:
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    i have just ordered this dvd, i hope it's as good as you say :) it will take a bit for it to get here (i'm not in the states right now) but it would be nice if i could get in amazing shape by the time i get home- i'm a soldier and currently deployed so gym time is the only time i have :) that and shopping online :/ thanks for the inspiration- i'll keep everyone updated on if i'm a success story :)
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love it!! Great workout!
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    Welp, I just did Day 1 of Level 1 yesterday. LOL. I know I am sore in areas, I did use 3lb weights and if you're not use to working out, it will make you sore! Lol. I will be afraid for Level 2 & 3. Lol

How many days do you do Levels 1, 2 & 3 for does anyone know?

i'm not certian since i haven't gotten my copy but it sounds like 10 days each :) but you can go up sooner if you feel you are ready- but i wouldn't unless you are confident and not sore at all with level 1.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!