Hard to drink your water?

cbevan1229
cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
I like my water, and guzzle it enthusiastically, but I've read lots of posts from people who don't seem to care for it, and thought they might like this idea.

Today just for variety, I took a Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry teabag and stuck it in my water glass, and then added ice and water on top. The flavor is much lighter than if you brewed it by the package directions, but it is delicious and refreshing, with a light natural sweetness. No calories, no sodium, no sugar, no caffeine.

(I know that for some purists, this has still somehow made my glass of water into "Not-Water")

Replies

• reojames
    reojames Posts: 96

(I know that for some purists, this has still somehow made my glass of water into "Not-Water")

LOL! :laugh: I am kinda one of those purists. I had a health teacher in college that said "Whenever you add anything to water (coffee, tea, powders, etc...) it stops being water!" For some reason, that has stuck with me since the 80's. And, unfortunately, so has "Safety Dance" by Men without Hats....
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    in the summer I make giant jugs of iced tea like this. My faviourite is the Lemon Zinger from Celestial Seasonings. I am not one of those purists. My rule is if it has calories, it is not water, but sinse most herbal teas do not have calories, it's fair game! And home-made iced tea is delicious!!
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    I have ALWAYS hated drinking water and can go all day without a glass. When I do drink it, it has to be ice cold or I will gag on it! I also counted coffee or tea as water since it IS still water, with just add-ins lol. But now that I'm healthier I force myself to drink water or have it with meals, but I still find it very difficult to just go to the kitchen and get a glass of water because I never crave it.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    I LOVE drinking water and I personally don't like adding anything into it. But it's not always been this way for me.

For the longest time I could go days without drinking water and just load up on Pop and juice drinks/cocktails.

However, now that all I drink is water these days, my cravings for sugary drinks such as Pop, etc. has plummeted. I indulge in Pop once a week. One can. And I normally can't even finish the entire can. I am so proud of myself... <3
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    I like to add a little lime or lemon and cucumber to my water in the fridge. It really helps me when I just want something a little different
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    I love my Crystal Light on the go packets. Lemon tea, peach tea & raspberry lemonade are my favorites & only 5 calories per bottle of water. I also drink some of the Half & Half (tea & lemonade mix) from Country Time or Arizona Tea.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    I've noticed if you drink water a lot and just get used to drinking, eventually it becomes something you love! I used to drink a LOT of pop and now I can't even drink a quarter of a can of it. I do ocassionally add a lemon to my water just for something different. Thanks for the idea.
  • OP has a great idea. I just may try that. I have a hard time drinking water also. What helps me is the little 5 calorie powder packs, or i like the vitamin water ZERO.
  • I drink my water from the nearest lip of the glass. If I try to drink it from the far side it just pours down my front ;-)
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    I now keep lemon juice in my fridge. I add a couple of drops to each glass. It adds a refeshing taste that helps me enjoy it more. I used to buy fresh lemons but i am lazy and the concentrate is just fine.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member

LOL! :laugh: I am kinda one of those purists. I had a health teacher in college that said "Whenever you add anything to water (coffee, tea, powders, etc...) it stops being water!" For some reason, that has stuck with me since the 80's. And, unfortunately, so has "Safety Dance" by Men without Hats....

Unless the "anything" is something with calories (such as some of the powdered mixes, etc), I don't really understand this mindset. When combined with the fact that we can get most of our fluid requirements from what we eat (which, to my understanding, is the other half of that "we need 64oz of water per day" addage), I really don't understand the mindset.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    I drink my water from the nearest lip of the glass. If I try to drink it from the far side it just pours down my front ;-)

You have to be upside down to successfully drink from the far edge.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Unless the "anything" is something with calories (such as some of the powdered mixes, etc), I don't really understand this mindset. When combined with the fact that we can get most of our fluid requirements from what we eat (which, to my understanding, is the other half of that "we need 64oz of water per day" addage), I really don't understand the mindset.
    I don't understand the "unless it has calories" mindset. Sure, sweetened tea, milk, etc., are not water, but they contain water that your body can use.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I like to add a little lime or lemon and cucumber to my water in the fridge. It really helps me when I just want something a little different

This^^^

mmmm....yumm!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    I drink up to a pot of coffee a day by myself -- it's made with water ..I don't care what's added to it..it's still water to me! Plus when I drink water I'm going to be drinking 0 calorie life water -- still water.
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    I've read SO many times that you need anywhere from 64 -80 oz of water daily...or else you are doomed to failure! Let me tell you this: if I drank that much water every day, I would either lose my job or have to wear Depends daily.

I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM EVERY 15 MINUTES!

Now, I have made improvements and drink when I am thirsty, but I think (like everything else) that it's up to each person what/how much they drink :)
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    I've read SO many times that you need anywhere from 64 -80 oz of water daily...or else you are doomed to failure! Let me tell you this: if I drank that much water every day, I would either lose my job or have to wear Depends daily.

I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM EVERY 15 MINUTES!

Now, I have made improvements and drink when I am thirsty, but I think (like everything else) that it's up to each person what/how much they drink :)

If you continued to drink that much water every day, your body would get used to it in a week or two. By the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated.

I drink AT LEAST 70 oz of water (or "water" haha) every day, plus my breakfast and lunch are liquid (the healthy kind, not the martini kind!). I definitely am not going to the bathroom every 15 mins. Or even every hour. I certainly visited the little girls' room often when I first consciously started drinking all that water/"water", but it didn't even take enough time for my body to adjust that my boss noticed.