Thoughts Wanted on "Yoplait Two Week Tune Up"

Options
Hello all! I have been trying to eat one yogurt during lunch during every week day, and of course I notice the "2 Week Diet Plan" advertised on every single yogurt bottle. I finally found the information on their website (http://153.13.148.213/twoweektuneup), however I noticed their 'meal plans' are the same every single day. They say if you eat a serving of Yogurt, Grain, and Fruit for 2 out of 3 meals a day, you can lose weight. It reminds me of what the Special K brand has advertised about thier foods as well.

* Have any of you tried this plan from Yoplait (or any other companies that spouts similar plans)?
* If so what was your success if any? How did you tackle the plan? What were your ending thoughts on it?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but it sounds just like the Special K diet and the Slim Fast diet. It's banking on the idea that if you have to eat the bulk of your calories in one meal, you won't be able to overeat. (They clearly have misjudged me.) I don't think it's a bad plan, but in the end it is just another way to reduce calories.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Yoplait - loaded with sugar.
    I prefer Greek Yogurt.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I prefer Greek Yogurt.
    True, if I were following a plan like this I'd prefer to have some protein.
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    I prefer Greek Yogurt.
    True, if I were following a plan like this I'd prefer to have some protein.

I used to get Activia to aid with digestion, but i discovered myself letting them go bad in the fridge from not eating them. I switched to Yoplait thinking the bigger choices on flavor would help with eating more yogurt and it seems to. I haven't ventured to Greek Yogurt, it seems a little expensive to eat it everyday.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    yogurt is great! greek yogurt is best for you.... but I think it tart and yucky. haven't been able to find one yet that I think tastes good.... :cry: :cry:
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I have found them on sale for $1 per 6 ounce container. And if you will eat it before it goes bad, I think the larger containers are pretty reasonably priced.

I'm not saying you shouldn't follow a plan like this. I kind of eat this way naturally - very small breakfast and lunch, and big dinner. But I don't stay full as long if I don't eat some protein with each meal.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but it sounds just like the Special K diet and the Slim Fast diet. It's banking on the idea that if you have to eat the bulk of your calories in one meal, you won't be able to overeat. (They clearly have misjudged me.) I don't think it's a bad plan, but in the end it is just another way to reduce calories.

Yup, just another company trying to "sell" you a reduced calorie plan. You can eat whatever foods you want and reduce your calories via MFP for free. Why stick yourself with only buying Yoplait products?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I've never seen any solid evidence that probiotic yogurt can aid in digestion except from yogurt companies...
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    I've never seen any solid evidence that probiotic yogurt can aid in digestion except from yogurt companies...

This girl here backs up that claim through experience. My body doesn't react well to diary/lactose although I'm not actually diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance, and the same with Gluten. I've switched to Rice Milk and don't have any issues with milk anymore.

The probiotics in yogurt do aide with digestion, but not in a way that would probably be noticeable for most. You have to eat at least one a day, for more than just a few days, and it will help to normalize bowel movements or soften them. It won't be a fix, or anything permanent outside of continuously eating the yogurt, but it really does make a different for those with IBS or lactose sensitivities. And if you’re wondering, Yoplait is not very good at aiding in digestion like Acitivia is due to the different probiotics in the brands.

*Edit, you probably won't see solid proof in this unless you experience it for yourself, IBS is hard to even catch/diagnose let alone control or show actual clinical proof beside testimonies
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hated greek yorgurt at first, I love the Fage brand that comes with the little side compartment of fruit.. it's soooo good! Try it :wink: