Stretch marks? before weight loss/ after?

Options
I have ugly red stretch marks on my stomach.
I have recently started my weight loss journey and am well on my way to meeting my goal.
I am wondering if anyone has any before/after pics of their stretch marks? Do they disappear after loosing weight?

Replies

• erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl who lost a ton of weight and she had a lot of stretch marks all over, I don't think she did anything to get rid of them - she just used them as 'battle scars' from what she had done lol.

I don't know if it works, but I've had people swear by 'Bio-Oil' to help with theirs. I've never tried it but people I have talked to who have had scarring and other things like that swear by it, my cousin was given it when she was preggers - I'll have to ask if it worked.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to see some pictures if people don't mind posting. I have stretch marks all over my stomach. They aren't red though, they are just white lines. Ugly as heck and I am paranoid about having too much excess skin after I lose my weight.
  • ednawhistle
    ednawhistle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are there forever, Im sorry but there is nothing out there that will completely eliminate it, 'cept a tummy tuck. Plenty ointments and oils and other products can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks but they wont dissapear, they will turn a white color over time though. mine are very white, the old ones from my pregnancy. my new ones from my fat are still red =[
  • kelseytmurray
    Options
    I'm learning to deal with them. I feel like they are 'battle scars' , but at the same time I don't wanna be embarrassed about taking my top off! I working on being a lean power machine and hopefully they will fade some with oils and working out, I was just hoping someone had pics to show before and after with a smoother tummy!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of stretchmarks with topical solutions as they are tears in the epidermis, deep in the skin. Time will improve their appearence.

As for me, I have quite a lot. Not on my stomach, but on my breasts, thighs, arms, love handles, bum, legs. They're not super noticable, more like slightly lighter than my skin. Some are raised, though.

They will go with time, hun. Stretchmarks on a slim body, in my opinion, don't look bad. They are a testament to your journey. I understand if you don't like them, though.

Time, my dear. In the mean time, keep your skin moisturised and supple. And don't lose weight too quickly. I use shea butter to cream my whole body on a daily basis. Keeps my skin soft and pretty. Try it!

Hope this helps.
  • neverturnback
    Options
    A couple years ago I had lost 50+lbs and has stretch marks all over my stomach from my weight. (okay, I kind of gained it all back *sadface*) I want to say that as I lost weight, some of the smaller marks became unnoticeable. I don't think they went away completely. Definitely some of the larger ones stayed, even if they shrunk a little bit. I'm not embarrassed by mine because it makes me realize my mistake with weight management and inspires me to lose more! Good luck!
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm in love with this post!! <3
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had a few small ones from having my children. When my stomach got smaller, they turned to my skin color and you can barely see them now. I did use Bio Oil all over them and Cocoa butter, and they helped them fade pretty quickly, too.
  • kelseytmurray
    Options
    This is so great guys! thanks so much for the inspiration! I'm already ready to get off work and go workout! Come on 5 oclock!
  • momlady6
    momlady6 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have read that laser treatment may diminish (but not remove!) the depth of stretch marks - particularly if thery are newer, red marks..

I have never tried this - just was reading about it - after the first few kids were born I can remember being pretty upset about all the battlescars. Now, I don't think about it as much, but I'm not ready for bikini's either!!

some do fade over the years to a silvery finish...
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm still very much over my target weight, but I've been leaning out and trimming up thanks to exercise, and the angry red stretch marks that used to cover my stomach, sides and thighs have faded to very very pale white. They're still raised, so if you touch them, you can easily feel them, but they are well on their way to disappearing :)
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach, they are the silvery/pale ones, so not really in your face, but there are a lot so noticeable.
    Tbh, even when I get to goal I don't think I'll be flashing my body around anyway lol, and if I do, so what I'll be skinny.
  • il0v3dirt
    il0v3dirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've always had stretch marks - and I'm not sure if you do or not...but I started tanning awhile ago and my stretch marks completey faded. As I lose more and more weight they only get lighter. I'm sure I'll have some stretchy skin - but I haven't noticed any yet that I didn't already have - and I've lost 30lbs already. I started at 320 - and am currently at 290 in a 3mos time period. I think the best way to not have such stretchy skin is to always keep doing different excercises. I've been doing Zumba and going to the gym for weights, and it's working really well for me.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    They'll fade. I had angry red ones, well... everywhere. Hundreds on my upper arms appeared as well and worsened during my initial weight loss. None are red now, they've gone all white/silvery. I don't like them, but they're like tattoos in that they tell a story. All my scars are battles won. I try to remember that when I look at the weird reversed ravines in my abdomen. (I have pretty severe ones there).
    I'd say 70% of my body (everything except face, neck, hands, feet) is covered with stretch marks of some kind. None are red now.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Mine are shrinking with me:happy: I don't have any pics of them from before. I barely would have my pic taken with clothes let alone without.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!