first time going way over

Options
it was my birthday yesterday and Iv lost 17 pounds so far, My husband took me to a mexican restauraunt (he must think im getting to skinny) I ate a few chips, conted 15.........217 callories?? WHAAAAAAAAAAA??? HAHA!! Then ate all my beans and rice and half the chicken fajita thing and that was 480...............I went like 400 over what I should becuae Id eaten some cristmas cookies with the boys earlier that day!

OH WELL, your birthday comes once a year right!?!

I am a touch bloated as you can imagine!

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Exactly! It's your birthday, a true celebration! On my birthday I went way over too, but more than you b/c I drank as well, and those add up fast. Actually, I go over all the time, sometimes by A LOT, and as you can see I have still lost...so don't fret :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And go drink a bunch of water to get all that sodium out :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 17 and happy birthday! To be honest, I would have gone a lot further over than 400 calories if it were my birthday. On days like that, I *try* to work out first (though days like Christmas that ain't going to happen) but otherwise I eat WHATEVER I want on days like that. It's one day, I know you feel kind of yucky right now, but drink plenty of water and any gain you see (if any) will mostly be water weight, so don't worry about it. Also, sometimes going over can be good for your body, give it a kick!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    take it in context. Going over every once in a while doesn't really do anything too bad. 400 calories is about 1/10th of 1 pound. Really an insignificant amount of weight. NOW, if you were to do that say once a week, that wouldn't be very good, but call it once a month, and you're fine, especially since you're probably under or at maintenance almost every other day.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    take it in context. Going over every once in a while doesn't really do anything too bad. 400 calories is about 1/10th of 1 pound. Really an insignificant amount of weight. NOW, if you were to do that say once a week, that wouldn't be very good, but call it once a month, and you're fine, especially since you're probably under or at maintenance almost every other day.

Are you wearing pants in that picture??
  • jennigroves
    Options
    It was my birthday too and I ate all kinds of fattening stuff (including chocolate cake) and I loved every minute. Back on track today! That was definitely my present to myself!! By the way, 400 calories is not that bad to go over, it's still probably under you regular daily calorie burn. Happy Birthday!
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    aww thanks guys, it was super fun! I did drink water thru the whole meal, I should of had a margi!

and that is a good question, are you wearing pants??
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I agree! Your birthday comes but once a year.

Mine is on Jan 1, and I fully intend on eating my favorite decadent dessert from Earl's.