Dieting alone - 1200 calories intake - how long did it you?

Options
2»

Replies

• AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200. I've lost 43lbs since March 16th. I have a lot to lose, so it came off very quickly at first and has now stabilized at healthy levels. I also can't exercise right now, other than some light yoga and resistance training.
  • jennadiane_
    jennadiane_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories a day, and I would never be able to do it. I've been exercising a lot and I have to eat at least half of what I work off in order to be full. Portion control is important. So far I've been eating the same things I've always eaten but just smarter decisions about it. (Like today I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch.... I just got a hamburger and small fry which made for a big lunch -calories wise -but I still have 700 calories left for the day). And lots of water. I stopped drinking soda regularly years ago, now I don't drink any. It's either protein shakes, or water. And if I feel like something carbonated - seltzer water. Every once and awhile I'll have a diet snapple (10 calorie).

I know that's not a lot of help since a lot of what I'm doing is based on working out. But even if you can do a little something, it'll be easier than doing nothing. IMO.
  • kah0201
    kah0201 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am mostly tracking my calorie intake with just occasional walking....I have lost 13lbs in 3 weeks. I tried to go down to 1200 a day but found it left me a little too hungry. So I increased it to, 1300-1350, try to make those calories mostly protein and now I am never hungry nor do I have any major cravings!! I allow myself one meal a week to splurge but find myself so motivated by my early success that I don't go too crazy. Last night was one slice of pizza & a glass of wine. I have a really long way to go but I am loving the program and support here on MFP!! Best of luck!!!
  • littlematchgrrl
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs in a month from cutting out alcohol a while back. Good luck!
  • hbeauvais
    hbeauvais Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have back issues that are extreamly limiting. I have had a couple of back surgeries and lead a very sedentary lifestyle.

I love nature photography so I hike and kayak when I can. Unfortunately "When I can" is not very often. That is one of may main reasons for changing my lifestyle. I want to be able to be more active and I believe that every pound i lose helps me out.

In 60 days of eating at or under my calorie goal I have lost over 30 lbs with basically no regular exercise routine. Granted the 30lbs was only 10% of my starting body weight.

As I lose the weight I am hoping to be more active and I can already tell the difference. For me though this calorie goal is not a "diet", this is a lifestyle change. The minute I quit watching calories I will put the weight back on.

Some more "Able-Bodied" individuals will tell you that you NEED to excersise regularly to be healthy. They are not wrong, the more physically active you are the better it is for you. However you do not NEED to excersise to lose weight. You have to be careful not to starve yourself, and you have to be patient with the results. But you CAN lose weight by eating right.

The most frustrating thing for me about my inability to really excesise is when I hear freinds say things like, "ill have the desert, ill just have to run an extra mile tonight.". That is not an option for me, my only option is to remain diciplined in what I eat.

Sorry for writing a book, just wanted to say you CAN do it if you put your mind to it!!!!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My weight loss hasn't been extremely fast because for me I wanted it to be a lifestyle change not just a quick fix. And to be honest there are times in my life where finding time to work out has been hard. I've still managed to lose with just light exercise for most of it. I've managed to do this not living on only a 1200 calorie diet too. I've found that sometimes I lose well with just real life activities (grocery shopping, housework, gardening, occasional walks on the treadmill or around the neighborhood) and keeping track of my calories I actually lose better sometimes. So, it can be done. Good luck in your goals. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!