Days off?

Options
mdove3411
mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
Does anyone who has had success take certain days to enjoy the foods you love? I was wanting to take a day off a week and before when i was dieting i did the whole weekend & still lost weight but i'm a little scared to try it this time. I'm wondering if there can be success doing so?

Replies

• stitchinhippie
    Options
    I don't take a whole day off, but I do have one meal a week that I allow myself to eat what I want. It is usually on Saturday. I take a long walk/jog and burn a bunch of calories. I eat back those calories (during the week I don't eat back my exercise calories) and then some. I allow myself to go over. I have only lost weight. In fact, a couple of weeks ago I went over by 1000 calories one day and that week I lost 5.5lbs!
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i take either 1 day off a week or the whole weekend depending on what I'm doing.. if I'm at work all weekend i stay within my calories but last weekend i had both days off and drank and ate copious amounts of calories and still lost 2.5lbs the week after. aslong as you can trust yourself to get back on track it does no harm i think well not for me anyway!
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I log all of my food. Even the days when i have my favorites. Some days I will go over with a favorite, some days not. If I do go over, I try not to worry about it. I just get right back on track the next day. I think a lot of success comes from your mind set. Don't forget to enjoy the little things in life that you love as well, just not all the time. :)
  • abrilgzl
    abrilgzl Posts: 6
    Options
    Definitely.

I take a day off once a week, not the entire day but before 5 pm. I will start my day with a long walk/run and a whole bunch of pull ups-sit ups etc. I will have breakfast at his favorite place and I choose where to have lunch. I have noticed that even thou I know it my day off I still wont drink soda at lunch and will go for healthier versions of my favorite foods. In the evening I will go for another set of cardio. This work for me!!!!!

Remember that if you do not have at least a little bit of the foods you love , you are prone to overeating when you get the chance tohave them
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!