Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - May 8

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
The countdown has begun! 10 days left to show us what you're made of.

I'm cutting back for this week. I'm aiming for 500 calorie workouts. This puts my food intake under 2000, so I went over a bit yesterday and will probably go over a bit each day. Next week, I amp it up again, then two weeks of vacation. Some people like calorie cycling, I'm trying exercise cycling.

Yesterday I just did my weights class, for a mere 400 calories. Today, I'll walk and maybe do some elliptical.

I did the cardio fitness test yesterday as well. I'm only "good"; however, I believe when I did the step test 2 years ago, I was poor - but it's still an area I need to work on. If you want to take the test: http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone/ - go to the bottom and click on assess your fitness. I was also poor 2 years ago on strength, but that was sit-ups versus push-ups of this test. I think my sit-ups wouldn't be that great either.

Welcome back ariannedavis!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    The countdown has begun! 10 days left to show us what you're made of.

I'm cutting back for this week. I'm aiming for 500 calorie workouts. This puts my food intake under 2000, so I went over a bit yesterday and will probably go over a bit each day. Next week, I amp it up again, then two weeks of vacation. Some people like calorie cycling, I'm trying exercise cycling.

Yesterday I just did my weights class, for a mere 400 calories. Today, I'll walk and maybe do some elliptical.

I did the cardio fitness test yesterday as well. I'm only "good"; however, I believe when I did the step test 2 years ago, I was poor - but it's still an area I need to work on. If you want to take the test: http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone/ - go to the bottom and click on assess your fitness. I was also poor 2 years ago on strength, but that was sit-ups versus push-ups of this test. I think my sit-ups wouldn't be that great either.

Welcome back ariannedavis!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm becoming better acquainted with my HRM. Very eye-opening!

Yesterday:
    Biked to the gym, then did stairs at the gym.
    Not happy with my eating -- I did well all day and then ate too much Chinese food for dinner with my sister's family. I think I have a Pavlovian response to eat crap every time I walk in the door to her house, because I know her place is filled with junk food. Ugh.

Today:
    Already got in 50 minutes nonstop heart-pumping cardio on the elliptical and stair stepper (that think kicks my a**), as well as a round of light weights with arms. All told it was 90 minutes of nonstop working out, and I burned about 800 calories.

Mary -- the calorie cycling is an interesting idea. I'm trying to figure out what to do to make some drastic changes. I have stopped weighing myself because I'm not losing a single pound and I'm frustrated.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody? Everybody...everybody...everybody....(echo)..?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I was working. . .

today I walked home from the subway with my backpack on (30 minutes) and the rest of the day is my "day off".

So, get this, on my "day off. . ." I've walked 13,000 steps by 4 pm. What means "day off"?

Where's everybody else. . . .else. . . .else?:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I would blame it on working .....but I can't, I was shopping for clothes!!!!! I bought a summer wardrobe today, and a dress for my daughter's graduation Sunday. No real work out today, I know I'm lazy, sorry about that. Maybe tomorrow. I am having a hard time trying to getting back to walking, something seems to come up everyday. Tomorrow is PT then I have to travel 2 hours to get to where my daughter is based for college. But the hotel we are staying in has a lap pool so I could go try that. I am truly losing motivation here. I don't know why either. What can I do?
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I got into a crazy de-cluttering mode at work and lost track of the day. I finally unearthed my desk from about three years worth of kids assignments & tests! Now if I can find my house. Anyone looking for extra cleaning calories this week is welcome to stop by! :laugh:

I did my upper body workout today and am pretty tired still from my lower body. We'll see if I can move tomorrow! I absolutely have to get in some serious cardio tomorrow before going to the bacclaureate (sp?) dinner my college is hosting for the graduates & families. Funny how gross cafeteria food is until parents are on campus, so it promises to be delicious. :tongue: