I need help getting back on track!

Options
I have faithfully been on this program since January and amazingly have lost 60 pounds. This week, I have been out of my routine as I've been on vacation from Monday to Friday. I started out great and then I began to slide. Each day grew worst and last night, I was in a feeding frenzie! I have started out today .... and so far ....so good. However, I just want to binge and know that I'll never get to my goal with these feelings. Need some encouragement as I have at least 40 pounds to go. Thanks!

Replies

• leebon
    leebon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok Karen you have come a long way. I am back on track after a few months of moving backwards. There are some days I would eat stuff that I really didn't want but if it was in the house I would eat it. Think of you long term goal to be healty. You are my inspiration so keep up the good work. We are slip but start each day anew. I have the habit of saying I will get back on track tomorrow on Sunday - I know say ok that may not have been the best choice and start over immediately.
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    One thing you could do is not buy the unhealthy foods at all that you may be binging on. It's defnitely easier said than done. Also, Tell a significant other to get after when you start going for those awful foods. When I first started, I had a hard time not eating stuff that I used too. One day I told my husband to get after me if I go for the junk food. He has defnitely done his job and it helps so much! I'm almost embarrassed to go for the crappy foods now because I know he'll get after me or snap food from my hands no matter who we're in front of. It's just not worth it!

I also agree with Leebon. You've come so far and you can go much further!! Good luck!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Sharing what I said to another MFPer and myself:

...remember what it feels like to be 60 lbs heavier. just start with baby steps. say no to yourself for one day when you want to over eat. stop yourself when you say, "this little bit won't hurt me just one more bite."

I feel off the wagon for a few months (7 months to be exact). Gained back 18 lbs. 15 days ago I said enough is enough! My motto 15 dyas ago....just say NO. Quite frankly, I did ok for the first 3 months...I only gained 5lbs but something snapped and I just didn't care anymore and went off the deep end. And let me tell ya....the months slipped away....next thing I knew it was July!!!!!

There was absolutely no reason I couldn't accept the word no. I had eaten everything I wanted and the quantities I wanted the last 7 months.

Time for the real deal. Just say no.

Good luck!
  • michele2224
    Options
    You said it all your motivation should be with only 40 pds to go, look you have already lost 60 (good job) It is so hard when you get off track a little but take it as a little bump in the road now you need to get back on the road with no bumps and you will lose that other 40 pds...Good luck!!
  • jennla32
    jennla32 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One week off is not going to kill you!!! You know what to do (obviously), so do it!!!! Much easier to lose 40lbs than 100lbs...remember that! :)