How to find time?

Options
Hello All! I'm having a really hard time trying to find the time to exercise. I'm a single Mom of 4 and I seem to be tired all of the time. My days are pretty hectic due to the fact that 2 of my children are disabled. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you can get up before they do in the mornings, that would be best. If they are able to get up and move around, a good game of chase would wear them out too! LOL

When my kiddos were little I'd lift them as my weights! LOL! Lay on your back put your feet on their tummy, hold on to their arms and lift them up with your legs.
  • kristalbraley
    Options
    The little things throughout a day can add up too. For instance, purposefully park the car further away from the store, take stairs, things like that. Also, if you want to use your kids, I like to make "obstacle" courses in the backyard. Hula hoops are like tire rings, ladders, jumping jacks, etc. If you can make it like a game they'll love it. Plus, they will help motivate you without you knowing it! Best of luck, the single parent life is rough for time.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When my kiddos were little I'd lift them as my weights! LOL! Lay on your back put your feet on their tummy, hold on to their arms and lift them up with your legs.

^^^this is an excellent idea! My hubby will have my son sit on his feet, grab him around the legs, and do leg lifts. He will also use him to do arm curls. For triceps, he will hang him by the wrists and pull him up and down. My son thinks this is a hoot!!
  • LadySassy
    LadySassy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :) I sometimes forget there are other ways to get some exercise in.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVD's 30 day shred and kick boxing fast fix. You only need 20-30 mins to do them so I think they are good if you are short on time.
  • r121567
    r121567 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was sitting at home with my ipad in my lap playing words with friends after a long day at working wishing I had time to exercise when it hit me like a ton of bricks.......if I exchanged the time I spent on games & facebook, I would have time to exercise! I temporarily removed my facebook account and resigned from all games. I decided that after 30 days, I would "reward" myself by signing back on. 30 days passed and I didn't feel the need. I thought after 10 lbs, I'll sign back in. Now that I am 1 lb away, I would rather be healthy than social.

Is there something that you are currently doing that you can swap your time for?
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I work out at the park. My son and I meet a friend and her daughter there; the kids know they can help themselves to snacks and that they must stay on the equipment for the 30-45 minutes it takes (and only interupt for emergencies.)