Barre Class

Options
I am super excited to try a barre class today. Anyone else do it? I run a couple miles 2-3x/wk with a lot of interval work, and wanted to give the barre class a shot a couple/three days a week.

Replies

• Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I've done Xtend Barre classes before and I loved them! It's a great toning workout plus there is a lot of Cardio involved as well. I hope you enjoy it!
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    My husband's aunt is becoming a Barre Concept instructor so I've been her guinea pig while she leaves and I love it! It's the only work out that I've been able to do over and over and not get bored with. I've got my husband hooked on it now.
  • girlcube
    girlcube Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I loved the first class I tried, so I bought a punch card and am going again today and tomorrow. I'm pleasantly sore, (hello abs!) not completely wrecked like after a session at the gym with a trainer.

Do you think light running (2-3/wk @2-3 miles at a time) will hinder the toning/lengthening that the barre class is supposed to encourage?
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    I am sure it shouldn't be an issue. I can ask dh's aunt what here thoughts are on running and barre.

I've found that my balance is getting better every time and my posture is already miles better. I'm more aware of my core (or lack of)