First day ... might need a hand

Options
Hi, I signed up for slimming world a couple of weeks ago...but through a beginners running programme forum (couch 2 5k...excellent and highly recommended) I've come to mfp. Liking the look of it so far, particularly the idea of keeping in touch with others on the same journey.

I'm 37 and need to lose at least 2, ideally 3 stone. As mentioned I've just got into a beginners running programme so if you have an interest in running that's a bonus. I'm doing a yoga class once a week, walk round the local parks regularly but want to step the exercise up and could probably do with a push to get me into the zumba class I've been contemplating for the last month or so.
Would love to hear from anybody hoping to lose weight, get fitter and eat healthier, especially if you can help keep me on the straight and narrow when those difficult days come along :)

Replies

• ChelleFeegan
    ChelleFeegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We are here for you - I've only been on really form a day but I am determined to do it (this time)

We can all motivate each other :)

Good luck - its time to change x
  • bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    Options
    I am new too! two weeks to be exact. I also want to start running. I haven't begun C25k yet, but have gone to the sight. I am 39 and have 3 kids. Feel free to add me, I will do my best to support you...it is nice to know that you aren't the only one in this boat!!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    you can add me, I am log in everyday either using the phone app or online. Love to support or try to give advice
  • mommy3crazies
    mommy3crazies Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also new, as this is my first week. Running never sounded very exciting to me, but, you never know! I am always up for the challenge and for encouragement along the way. Of course, this also means I will give encouragement in return as well!! Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me if you'd like!!
  • ShaunnaTroop
    Options
    I take a Zumba class and LOVE it! It's a great way to burn calories and have fun! Good luck! This website is great!
  • healthynomnom
    healthynomnom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks, I've heard Zumba is fun..was worried about stamina with the asthma, but now I'm getting into the running I hope it won;t be a problem...will let you know!
  • smksapper
    smksapper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was going to make my own "Hello, everyone!" post but saw yours and your mention of C25K so wondered if I could just jump in here?

I'm not sure I've ever posted anything on these message boards before. I started using this site last year after gaining some weight last fall but hadn't really been working at it. I started lifting weights with my husband last month but still have some chub covering my new muscles (as if "chub" doesn't sound as bad as "fat?" HA!!)

I had also started the C25K program but was told I shouldn't do both the heavy-lifting/weights and the running... though I'm starting to think that's a bunch of nonsense so am contemplating doing both!

Anyway, HELLO :)