Lost my motivation

Options
bear73000
bear73000 Posts: 52 Member
I need a little help. I have been doing really well for the past 4 months, but it's getting harder and harder of late. Any help with motivation from others would be welcome.

Replies

• Eclipsoh
    Eclipsoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel for ya. I was doing really well losing weight last year, but I had motivation issues and I have to restart my weight loss this year. You've already done so much! I admire the fact that you have lost so much weight already, and I have faith that with enough determination, you can lose the weight you want to! Keep up the good work! GO BUDDY GO!
  • bear73000
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement
  • rachs201230
    Options
    I am the same at the moment, however i am just trying to start, whereas you have lost an AMAZING amount of weight- well done, very inspirational!

TOmorrow is a new day for me! You can too, lets find out motivation beans :)
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am only recently back to working on weight loss/fitness, but in the past, when I started feeling the motivation slide (which believe me was often), I would sit down and write all the reasons I was doing it for. Or I would put a before pic on the fridge or the closet door to remind myself of how far I had come.

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!
  • Clarevmb
    Clarevmb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You've done so well over the last 4 months make sure it doesn't go to waste!!!

I feel for you as I also tend to loose motivation this time of year or after about 5 months.
    Jan 11 to June 11 I lost approx. 30 lbs then lost motivation, but tried to keep eating healthier and exercising and only put a few pounds back on over Christmas. This Jan started again and have lost 33lbs but beginning to find it hard now.
    Have decided that over the summer holidays will aim to stay within 3 lbs of present weight!!! Try again September.

Never give up - think about why you're loosing weight and about how successful you've been so far.
    Never think negative - loosing weight the way you've done is fantastic, maintaining that weight loss if you really are struggling is a skill. Putting weight back on - don't even go there!

Keep up the good work
  • bear73000
    Options
    thanks all. I do appreciate it...I will be at the gym tonight
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hey, change it up a bit! Browse the fruit and veggie aisle, try something brand new. Do a new workout at the gym. Work something you really like into your diary every day. I find that change is the best remotivator for me.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You haven't lost anything...You have chosen...My suggestion is ask yourself if you are ready to make the change....

from my page...

Realize.Visualize.Choose.Act.SUCCEED.
    If you are unhealthy, it is because YOU CHOSE and ACTED to be unhealthy. Choices are abundant in every moment of life. THe impacts of your actions, both consciously and sub-consciously, are what define your present being. You CREATE the present. Accept that the reason you are who you are is by your choices and actions, REALIZE. See where you want to Improve, VISUALIZE. Make the CHOICE to Change. Take ACTION upon the choices that lead you to SUCCESS.
  • takkia177
    takkia177 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Introduce yourself to some other, different exercises - i.e. swimming, wii fit (this one works really well for me and makes me sweat like crazy). Have you tried Shaun T's workouts? They will really get you moving and are fun!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey man.. Im wanna be where you are. Im on week 1 and just four pounds down.
    Have a crappy day and get back to it. Youve come too far in your transformation to slide back.
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with BigDaddyBRC.. everything we do and not do in life is a choice. Keep your focus, write your goals down and don't let anything keep you from getting to where you want to go..

Congrats on what you have chosen to accomplish already :flowerforyou:
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Agree with bago08... have the bad day if that's what it takes, but the real key is to get back on here and keep touching base with folks, inspire others and be inspired. you've done an incredible job of losing 61lbs and if I could get there I would be SOOOOO happy. Here's a challenge for you.... stay on here and try and motivate others, like myself, to be as successful as you have been. I'm serious man, I would love to get to that level and I will, but it's not going to be an easy road, and we need you to help us and vice versa
  • FLbaby2012
    FLbaby2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    61 pounds is a huge accomplishment! You should be very proud. We all get into a slump from time to time. Try to find what motivated you in the beginning and try to recapture that. Good luck on your continued success!
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know it can be very hard and we have all been there. Please feel to add me if you are looking for extra support!
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel my motivation slipping, I remember all the times I turned people, opportunity, even life down because I felt awkward, terrible, and self conscious about being overweight. For the longest time my fat kept me from living the life I wanted.

So OP when you feel your motivation slipping, think back on what it was like being where you were and why you started.
  • bear73000
    Options
    I will have to change things up a bit. I just have to buckle down and reignite the fire under me. I am just about half way to my target weight. I lost the 60 pounds in 4 months, 70 more to go. I think 6 months would be a reachable goal. Thanks all again for your support. It's what I needed.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    I actually keep a "fat pic" as the background on my phone. And I'm on here (the app, not the boards) more than facebook anymore. Seeing others be successful is incredibly motivating for me, so I am a bit of a cheerleader for my friends. Add me if you want. I am also pretty lazy when it comes to my own body changing. I don't like to sweat, I like bad food, and I am afraid of failure. So I don't put the effort in that I should. I try to overcome at least one thing per day and am making (very) slow progress, but sometimes just preventing a backslide is an accomplishment and you have every right to be proud of maintaining if your current mentality would cause you to gain. It's a struggle, but worthwhile, and like everyone else has already said... you've come so far! Don't give up now!