SUPER picky!

I grew up never really eating veggies or fruits. My parents never ate them, so I grew up disliking them. I have definitely branched out some more and tried some things. Anyone else have this issue when it comes to loosing weight? I feel like most of the time my weight loss is hindered because I can't find foods that I would actually eat and are healthy!!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Time to retrain your brain.

Be open minded when trying new foods, you may find you actually enjoy them (even though I still have no idea why parsnips even exist.......)

You may also want to avoid the old bland steamed everything approach to vegetables (try stir frying, grilling etc lots of interesting ways to serve vegetables)
  • sabusby
    sabusby Posts: 78 Member
    Yes! Google vegetable side dish recipes. Pick out the highest rated, check the nutrition and cook away!

Also, always give everything a try. Now that you're an adult, the 'it looks gross' excuse doesn't fly. good luck!
  • Time to retrain your brain.

Be open minded when trying new foods, you may find you actually enjoy them (even though I still have no idea why parsnips even exist.......)

You may also want to avoid the old bland steamed everything approach to vegetables (try stir frying, grilling etc lots of interesting ways to serve vegetables)

That's a good way to retrain my brain! When I think of only steamed or raw vegetables it makes me cringe! Thanks!! :)