looking for low-cal suggestions at The Melting Pot

Options
I don't like eating out, but we have an anniversary to celebrate. The Melting Pot is a possibility, but I want to know about the calories I'll be consuming. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• neverturnback
    Options
    I have never been there (everyone says it's yummy!) I wonder if you could go to their website and see if they have a menu with the calorie information? Or just maybe see what they offer, then look up something online. It may not be exact but it would give you a ballpark idea! Happy Anniversary!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The Melting Pot site doesn't have a nutrition info page.

For your salad, do the house salad, and get your dressing on the side. Dip your fork into the dressing before spearing each bite - this will give you the taste of the dressing, but really reduce your portion.

For your entree, cooking in the court bouillon is likely better than the wine or oil. Skip the options that include sausage - the Land and Sea has Filet Mignon, Shrimp, and Chicken which doesn't sound too bad.

For the cheese and chocolate though...

Maybe the spinach artichoke cheese fondue - at least you can sneak some veggies in, and they might replace some of the volume of cheese.

Maybe they would be willing to bring you more of the strawberries and less of the baked goods to dip into your chocolate? I don't know - I've never asked.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You could probably walk out of there without doing too much damage. 1st off...keep your bfast and lunch at light but filling foods so your giving yourself a bit of a cushion. Just choose the cooking option for your main meal that is broth based and try to stay clear of any of the creamy dipping sauces. Might want to limit yourself to dipping the veggi's in the cheese dip vs the bread if you can't resist the cheese and limit yourself to the fruit dippers for the chocolate dipping.

Or...eat light for a ocuple of days, do some excersize...and just go enjoy yourself.

Just my two cents.

I love me some melting pot!
  • apehl
    apehl Posts: 13
    Options
    If it's a special occasion I think you should treat yourself! Eat light that day, and get a good workout in so you can indulge guilt-free. Have what you really want, and just watch your portion sizes. I love The Melting Pot and I don't think I'd enjoy it if I had to worry about eating low cals all night. Live it up for one night and then get back at it the next day! :)
  • neverturnback
    Options
    If it's a special occasion I think you should treat yourself! Eat light that day, and get a good workout in so you can indulge guilt-free. Have what you really want, and just watch your portion sizes. I love The Melting Pot and I don't think I'd enjoy it if I had to worry about eating low cals all night. Live it up for one night and then get back at it the next day! :)

I think that is a great idea! Personally, my biggest issue with dieting was never being able to have that one day where I don't have to count or worry about it. Now I have one day a week be my 'cheat' day.