Always look forward: a short, inspirational piece

Options
I created a logo/motto that goes with my user name. I picked "neverturnback" because I've always told myself that you can't change the past and you should just keep looking forward. Don't look back. I added the logo on my tracker, but the motto is a little hard to read. It reads "never regret-turn your life around-back yourself with love" Those are three things I really feel are important for starting any new journey, whether it be weight loss, a new job, fighting an addiction or anything!

Never regret what you have done. Every mistake will be met with the typical "shouldn't have done that." But at that point, there isn't anything you can do to change what you've done. That action lead you to where you are today. Example: Not wise health/food/lifestyle choices lead you to be a member of this site and to wanting to change yourself for the better. If you are here, losing weight and feeling great, why regret what lead you here? Yes, the Baconator at Wendy's was delicious and I should not have ate one, or two, or whatever through the course of my life, but I did, and now I'm here.

After recognizing the mistakes that you've made and after learning to not regret them, turn your life around! I've heard this over and over again: "Only YOU have the power to change YOU." True story guys. Fat? Change your life to be thin. In theory it's that simple! (Obviously you and I both know that the journey isn't as simple as that, however, waking up every morning and reminding yourself that you want to be thinner or healthier is a simple step to turning your life around.) You can hire personal trainers, doctors, nutritionist, whoever. But if YOU don't make the choice to turn it all around, then you're throwing money, time and your life out the window.

We have all been surrounded by the "Debbie Downers." Their purpose in life (it seems) is to just have nothing positive to say about anything, thus the name. (Now why it's a girl, I don't know. What if there was a Daniel Downer?! =P ) Sometimes it is so hard to separate yourself from those people because in some cases they are apart of your everyday life. It could be a parent, sibling, co-worker, family member, friend or even a spouse/significant other. You have to make that distinction. If they are bringing you down, have a talk, tell them your goals and turn their negative into love and support for you! Surround yourself with others who are in situations like you and want to change for the better. Back yourself with the love you need to accomplish whatever you aspire.

Neverturnback
never regret-turn your life around-back yourself with love

Good luck everyone :)

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and so inspiring!! It's nice to see a positive attitude!! The forums have been a little negative today. :flowerforyou:
  • neverturnback
    Options
    Wonderful and so inspiring!! It's nice to see a positive attitude!! The forums have been a little negative today. :flowerforyou:

That's sad :frown: I suppose everyone, even forums, have their days when they are down. I think that being happy takes less effort than being unhappy or sad! But I too even have my down days! Thanks for reading!
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY!

Thanks for this. . . :bigsmile: