Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need advice..

I've had MFP for a while now, but I just can't stick to it. I eat more consciously when I'm using the site, but sometimes I just go days or weeks without using it and gain the weight back.

How can I be more dedicated to MFP and stick to it?!

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,532 Member
    The motivation has to come from within. You have to want the positive results you get enough to do the work. Sorry there isn't an easier solution! Good luck.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Put a quarter or dollar in a jar everytime you log your food. Then after x number of days logging consistently, buy yourself something awesome - a new top, a massage, a mani/pedi, anything that you want!

Basically anything you can do to keep yourself on the right path is great. This is just an easy visual to see your progress.
  • I always have it on my phone which is always with me this way I can monitor it at all time and see the areas I am slacking in, plus adding friends keep the positive attitude there and keeps me motivated, we are all here to do that for each other. I also pre plan my meals cook ahead of time this way I know what I have for the week.. feel free to add me! Good Luck!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Make it a habit! I usually log in for the first time of the day when I am eating breakfast. I don't think about it anymore, I just do it. The more often you do it the more of a habit it becomes. I also make sure to check my home page and comment on the progress of my MFP friends frequently. When they return a comment or say something about my progress I get an email notification (which is another reminder to log on). If you make it a part of your routine it will always be there, in the back of your mind!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Get an "MFP OR DIE!" tattoo with a heart around it.

I did.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I've had MFP for a while now, but I just can't stick to it. I eat more consciously when I'm using the site, but sometimes I just go days or weeks without using it and gain the weight back.

Develop a crippling addiction to the forums and social aspect of the site, so you'll be more inclined to use the site regularly.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member

I'm not sure advice is what you need. From your own profile:

About Me
    I need this more than anything.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    To prove to myself that I can stick to something.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    If you really want it, you will make it work. You will log in and track your food and exercise and get results. Sometimes you'll mess up for a day or two, but as long as you are 'on' more than you're 'off', you're making steps in the right direction.

But really, the only advice that ever helped me when I 'just couldn't stick to it' was that if I truly wanted it, I would find a way.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Focus on your goals, if your motivated then knowing that MFP helps you should guide you back daily :)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Stop being lazy and log your food. Its not hard. Esp since its a phone app.

edit: sorry if I sound a bit "cold", just being blunt, idk how else to be in life :P
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    One day you will wake up and actually want it. Until then there is nothing any one can do or say to you. Good luck!
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    If logging doesn't work for you and you aren't able to judge calories without logging, you may want to consider a different diet plan.

The best diet plan is the one that you can stick to forever. That's why anyone who says "this is the best way to lose weight" is lying or ignorant.