healthy weights and NOT logging?

Options
before i joined MFP i was at an ideal weight. i was 5'7 and weighed 135lbs. i just hated how my belly looked and thought if i lost 5-10lbs i would be happy. i went out ALOT, ate out ALOT, but i ate all kinds of foods. healthy and not so healthy, wine, desserts, drinks, ect. but i only ate until i was full. no binging, no crazy eating. and i stayed the same weight. any one else stay at a healthy weight while not tracking their intake?
(im considering going back to this for piece of mind but am scared i will gain)

Replies

• deviant7
    deviant7 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm right with you! I am at a healthy weight and dine out often. I pretty much eat whatever, but have just set out to lose 8 lbs because I don't like the...'fluff tire' I have developed around my waist. :)
    So no, I do not keep track and maintain my weight. I have for the last 5 years.
    I'm just trying to change, but I'll tell ya- it's difficult! I'm a beer drinker and I love going out to eat. :D
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    before i joined MFP i was at an ideal weight. i was 5'7 and weighed 135lbs. i just hated how my belly looked and thought if i lost 5-10lbs i would be happy. i went out ALOT, ate out ALOT, but i ate all kinds of foods. healthy and not so healthy, wine, desserts, drinks, ect. but i only ate until i was full. no binging, no crazy eating. and i stayed the same weight. any one else stay at a healthy weight while not tracking their intake?
    (im considering going back to this for piece of mind but am scared i will gain)
    Why not just try it and keep an eye on the scale? If you gain weight the first week and then gain weight the second week, you know it's not working. Don't go off of anything less than a week's change though because your weight does fluctuate on a daily basis.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i am just scared to try it! hahah i have logged everyday for over a year now. i weigh more now because i did a bulk cycle and am having a hard time losing the fat. :frown: i just feel like sometimes (due to this site) i am so preoccupied by food and calories that i just dont LIVE LIFE sometimes
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    and EVERYONE in my family is overweight so i am worried that if i go back to eating like that it will eventually catch up with me
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I worry about genetics too... I'm 56-57kg, my sister weight 3 times me.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    @DIZZY i swear we are like identical twins :laugh: :laugh:
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Haha! In a way it's nice to know I'm not alone!
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    jess, my sister is your same height/weight/fitness level. she doesn't "track" anything, just eats clean most of the time and goes out/drinks whenever the mood strikes, following the same rule of eating only til full. she maintains her weight w/in a couple of pounds in either direction, and only gets "serious" about exactly what/how much she's eating when she's trying to drop a few lbs before a "bikini vacation".

i know you're worried about gaining. i think you should try tracking for the info, but not looking at cals/macros. then if you do gain you'll be able to look back and see if it was carbs, alcohol, or just too many calories overall, but in the meantime you can see how living a "normal" life would work for you. my guess is you'll be just fine, as long as you keep up your workouts, but this would at least provide you with a middle ground until you're comfortable.