Fitbit exercise accessory?

Options
I saw this exercise accessory in the Tools area of MFP and I did some research on it. It has an even review rating of five stars vs 1 star. Does anyone use this thing and if so what are people's opinions of it's usefulness. At $99, I'm not going to run out and get one on a whim.

Replies

• kiki973
    kiki973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have one & love it!! It even tracks your sleep efficiency. Ive also owned a bodybugg & recommend the fitbit as there is no monthly fee. Go for it you won't regret it.
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster. I love mine and wear it all the time. It helps me to get up and get steps in. I also tried the bodybugg and I like this one so much better. It just clips on my clothes and I don't even notice it is there.
  • sarann111
    sarann111 Posts: 16
    Options
    I just got one a few days ago and so far I'm happy with it; it gives more accurate, personalized information about your daily activity/calorie burn than a random estimate and the goals are motivating.
  • kiki973
    kiki973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh & nobody knows you're wearing it! I clip mine on my bra & sometimes forget it's there. It also sends you fun little snippets of motivation throughout the day on the Lcd screen. Stuff like get up & go!! It's great. I lost mine for a month & was so sad. It really keeps me motivated.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I've had one since February, and I love it for keeping track of the movement during the day that isn't truly intentional exercise (when I log my walking here, I use intentional walking only, not the incidental stuff just around the house/at work).

Here is what I want to say about Fitbit though......last week, I broke mine. Had a real dumb move while sitting down at the table, and totally broke it in half. Totally MY fault. I wrote to them, sent them two pictures at their request, and three days later had a brand new one at no cost. Can I say AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE?

I also like how it can track sleep, although I'm not so sure how that part of it works. I've never synced it here, and I don't keep track of my food at Fitbit.com.......but I do like having it! :happy:

Kaye
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just ordered it. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    too bad you can't track how many calories having sex expends, lol (hope this is not prohibited):laugh: