30 days challenge no alcohol!

Options
So today I came to the realization that I need to not drink socially for at least 30 days in order to reach some of my goals. Drinking alcohol impairs my judgement when it comes to eating healthy. I will have drinks that are empty calories then top it off with a whole bag of chips. So I am hurting my body in more than one way. So I am going to try to go the next 30 days without any alcohol. I may decide to go longer after I assess the situation at the 30 day mark. I will do my best to eat healthy and continue to exercise. Would anyone like to join me in this challenge? We can support and motivate each other.

Replies

• bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Its hard when you drink socially... but when Im working out I don't drink and I don't miss it either. Its just become not any fun any more :)
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was talking about this with my friend the other day funnily enough.

Over the last year I have really cut down on my drinking as i used to drink a hell of a lot!! But lately my alcohol consumption is starting to creep up again and with that i feel bloated and horrible and i'm so scared gaining weight when i still need to lose a bit more.

Therefore i would like to join you on this 30 day challenge :smile:

I've no doubt it will be hard as i'm very boring on nights out without it :blushing: but i think it will be really beneficial.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't usually drink and if I'm tempted to have one I think "is it worth all those calories?" Then I don't have one. Haha!!
  • commanderswag
    Options
    i dont drink but i loveeee coke (coca cola... not the drug lol) so i'm gonna stay away form tht for the next 30 days (hopefully more) wish me luck people!!!
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I went on a bender on Friday night and realized that, not only do I feel like *kitten* the next day, I spent way too much money, and I ingested a TON of empty calories. So....I'm in!! Good idea!! :)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I stopped drinking completely last November, but in May, I decided to reintroduce a little alcohol into my diet. While the buzz is kinda fun, it definitely isn't worth the extra calories that I both drink AND eat, and it usually affects my sleep, too. So I have decided to not drink again while I'm training for my half marathon, which is in October. I'm in!
  • kristin1493
    kristin1493 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I was just thinking how I'm sabotaging my weight loss efforts with all the wine I consume. I'm going to miss it...
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 2 days in a row! :laugh: Happy hour is turning into happy hours and the big fat belly is not attractive.
  • spells1977
    Options
    Oooh this is quite exciting. I'm determined to stick with it as i know i will save money and will make me feel so much better. However it is soooooooo typical that the sun has finally come out and with that comes the temptation for beer and bbqs!!

Roll on the winter LOL
  • themichaelf
    Options
    ahhhh the thought of no alcohol for 30 days is a great one... but sounds so tough!!! i only drink socially, i never have a beer at home by myself. i have a buddy that competes and he doesn't drink at all anymore (for competitions only) and finds it very hard to stay in the dating game when you don't have alcohol involved. kinda sad but it definetly loosens you up for good conversation.

all that being said ... i am in!! too bad we cannot create a group or something...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I win! :laugh:

I have been alcohol-free for 12 weeks already!

Disclaimer: I was on furlough from work for 8 of those weeks and didn't drink just to save money. :tongue:
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 25 days of the 30. I am already on day 14. My reason for 25/30 is that I'm going to Vegas August 3-6 so I KNOW I won't be sitting at the tables without a cocktail ;-) However, I plan to take an exercise DVD with me and do it in the hotel room (wish me luck) AND I will be back to no alcohol August 7th!
  • spells1977
    Options
    I'm in for 25 days of the 30. I am already on day 14. My reason for 25/30 is that I'm going to Vegas August 3-6 so I KNOW I won't be sitting at the tables without a cocktail ;-) However, I plan to take an exercise DVD with me and do it in the hotel room (wish me luck) AND I will be back to no alcohol August 7th!

Good luck tubway :flowerforyou:

Vegas will be awesome!! Great idea taking the exersize DVD with you. I may have to nick your idea and do the same when i go away on holiday in October. I will then feel less guilty having those beers and champagne in the hot tub :drinker:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I admire your bravery. I would really like to do this, but my 40th high school reunion is in 2 weeks, and I think I will require libation in order to survive it. Otherwise, I would definitely join.
  • tubway
    Options

Good luck tubway :flowerforyou:

Vegas will be awesome!! Great idea taking the exersize DVD with you. I may have to nick your idea and do the same when i go away on holiday in October. I will then feel less guilty having those beers and champagne in the hot tub :drinker:

Aaaahhh, what is it about drinks and the hot tub? Last time in Vegas we got a room with a jacuzzi tub. I didn't wanna get out!:drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe for the month of August. I'm going to a bachelorette party this weekend so I can get it all out then :)
  • Mel36Run
    Mel36Run Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just started a group where we can go to talk and support each other during the 30 days. It is on groups and labled No Alcohol for 30 days Challenge. So feel free to join even if you just want to do it part of the time.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is tough. I pretty much had to stop going to parties and bars with my friends. I'm not someone who can have a drink or two. When I drink, I DRINK. And when I DRINK, I go to Del Taco. And when I go to Del Taco, I eat 4000 calories. I literally DRINK once every 3-4 months now.
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 :) I'm stopping smoking and it is soooo much easier without alcohol!!! Good luck everyone!:blushing:
  • tubway
    Options
    This is tough. I pretty much had to stop going to parties and bars with my friends. I'm not someone who can have a drink or two. When I drink, I DRINK. And when I DRINK, I go to Del Taco. And when I go to Del Taco, I eat 4000 calories. I literally DRINK once every 3-4 months now.

OMG DEL TACO!! I am in a bowling league with my boyfriend and some friends and we bowl on Thursday nights. Needless to say...what's bowling without a few cocktails. We get done pretty late (1 am) and what's on the way home? Of course, Del Taco. Every week at 1 am on Thursdays 2 chicken soft tacos....then straight to sleep. I don't think I need to tell anyone this is horrible for the waistline! The past two weeks I've been driving since I am not drinking and we have taken a different way home...no Del Taco lol.