Hello :)

lrkasper
lrkasper Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I just joined myfitnesspal this morning. I have decided after stepping on the scale at my mother in laws on Thanksgiving that I need to make some changes. I stand 5'2" tall and currently weigh somewhere in the 220's. I would love to be able to lose at least 100 pounds. Next August my husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and I would love to look TONS better for him. I know it is unreasonable to lose 100 pounds between now and then but I am going to do the best I can! I am looking forward to meeting lots of new people on here and getting help achieving my weight loss goals!

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

You will find lots of useful information here and lots of nice people. Remeber that this journey is a step at a time but with each small step you will progress to where you want to be. Dont get discouraged by a set back here or there. Try to keep your goals at a reasonable level. I know for myself I shoot for a half to a pound a week ( it ends up to be a pound usually that comes off) but every ten pounds I hit a block for a couple weeks and lose nothing then bang off it comes again) When you hit a block PLEASE dont give up keep on going and everything will balance out. :bigsmile:
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Hi Irkasper... glad you're here.

You can do it- just start using the food log and get moving. I believe slow and steady wins the race. :)
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Hey and welcome to MFP!!
  • Hello, I have just recently joined myself. I wanted to wish you good luck in your weight loss journey and give you some advice. I agree with the comment that slow and steady wins the race it may be frustrating but it works. However, you really need to lose the weight for you not anyone else, you deserve it.
    For me, Christmas time is the worst time stay on track b/c of all the sweets in the office. This website has been so helpful with that, I do not snack outside my normal times now that I have to input all of my food. I have only lost 1 lb so far but joining myfitnesspal has been one of my best decisions I've made in my battle to lose the weight.

Good Luck
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Hi Irkasper... glad you're here.

You can do it- just start using the food log and get moving. I believe slow and steady wins the race. :)

Ditto!!
This discussion has been closed.