Fish tacos

Options
annathelu
annathelu Posts: 127 Member
This is my new favorite food, folks. I have to share. It's so flavorful, filling and low calorie.

Tilapia tacos

1-2 filets tilapia
mango
cut cabbage
onions
asian chili sauce

Cut the tilapia into pieces (not too small because they'll break apart)
cook in olive oil or plain, with the cut up onions.
then, put the fish into the warm tortilla with mango pieces, cabbage and a dab of the chili sauce.

I stole this recipe from TV so you can find the official recipe here.

http://health.discovery.com/fansites/sam-zien/recipes/snapper.html

I completely suggest.

Replies

• golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am going to try that. It looks so good. I love fish tacos and am always looking for new ideas!!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Those sound great! This is my favorite fish taco recipe. Its very spicy, so beware!

Ingredients
    1 cup corn
    1/2 cup diced red onion
    1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
    1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
    1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
    1 lime, zested and juiced
    2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
    2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons salt
    6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    12 corn tortillas, warmed

Directions
    Preheat grill for high heat.
    In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
    In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt. Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
    Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3 minutes per side. For each fiery fish taco, top two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream, and corn salsa.

--We made these inside our apartment on the griddle. If it gets too smoky, your eyes start burning because of the cayenne! BUT, they are SO good...best fish tacos I've ever had. Also, if you've never had jicama...its delicious! Its consistency is simliar to a raw potato but tastes better. The leftover jicama is a great snack...just kind of a pain to peel. Its a root that is very popular in Mexico. Delicious raw with chile sauce and lime juice drizzled on top.
  • dilworth79
    dilworth79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dilworth79
    dilworth79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump