weight loss plateau, started insanity, on day 4

Options
Hi all,
I'm a little down because my weight loss is happening at such a SLOW pace. I think its because my body got really used to the elliptical at the gym. I was going everyday for two months and went from 204-188. plus dieting but not gonna lie, I did cheat quite a bit. I'm on day 4 of insanity, and I count it as "high aerobic exercise". I hope I'm categorizing it the right way... hopefully I'll see more results with insanity! anybody wanna give me any of their stories so I can stop being so down and get motivated?

p.s. I actually tried insanity in january when I was 204! First day I was OUT. couldn't walk for 3 weeks! seriously! I didn't have insurance at the time so I stuck it out.. started really dieting in may when I came back from my trip overseas.. those 20 lbs or so made a difference because I am able to keep up with the exercises so far...

Replies

• leney
    leney Posts: 5
    Options
    ICE
    ICE
    ICE!!! for being sore & drink tons of water.

It really helps. You remind me of when I plateaued (started at 217, got to 198 and I wasn't going anywhere after that). I changed my dieting, I did paleo for a couple of months and that helped. Paleo is basically no grains or legumes (beans). The only grains I would eat would be steel cut oats with cinnamon, walnuts & dried berries & raisins (and that was first thing in the morning). I know it's so hard to cut out the grain carbs but you will feel amazing if you do it... did I mention you can have fats? Yes!!! I eat eggs & bacon for breakfast, avocados almost every day! Fat's burn faster than carbs and if you teach your body to start using the fats to convert into energy (vs carbs) you will burn fat faster. Good fats...small amounts of animal fats, lots of olive oils, avocados, canola oil, coconut oil (I still have to try that but I heard really good things about it) and limited nuts (since you are trying to lose weight). Just stay away from vegetable oil, grains (breads, pastas) and legumes (beans & peanuts). Try it for a week, things I noticed right away were not being tired/sleepy after eating, and belly bloat went away. I'm not skinny by no means (5'6" 168 lbs) but my tummy was flatter after being on that diet. I did it for 2 months straight w/the weekly 'cheat' meal so I didn't go crazy. Oh and good weight loss is about 1-2 lbs a week. Also, if you are not eating enough that can also slow down your weight loss.
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You're going to get results with Insanity...at first you going to notice inches being lost, so try and focus on that and not the number on the scale. If you could read my past posts you would know that I'm right there with you.

Start paying attention to what you are eating...I was eating good but my alcohol intake was too high so it was basically sabotaging all the hard work I was doing, so I cut it back/out (not going to lie I still have my wine, just not as much or as frequently).

Another thing, you should start to strength train...you will notice the pounds coming off. I was stuck at 160 for months now and I started weight training three times a week and in the past two weeks I've dropped 2.5lbs. I don't know about diets, they confuse me and I get tired trying to keep up with all the new ones...I'm just trying to eat healthier and cleaner (less processed foods).

I'm saving up to go to a nutrionist...that's one of my rewards to myself for dropping to 150! :) If you like send me a friend request with a message and we can encourage each other!
    I hope this makes sense I was interrupted five times during it. LOL
  • kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've always been the chunkier one between my brother and I. He's a personal trainer and says that when you start plateauing, you have to change up your routine. You switching to "Insanity" is a great switch. I got about 1/2 way through the program and noticed inches were lost and clothes that used to be tight were now fitting more comfortably. I agree w/ Hypergrl, strength training is key.

Try and change your workout every few weeks and see if that helps with the stagnation. Good luck!
  • marcew44
    marcew44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome JOB!! Congrads !!
  • marcew44
    marcew44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try to up your potassium to help with soreness. I am debating what to do next to bust my plateau, but the electrolytes are helpful.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone in this group Doing Insanity on a Paleo style eating plan. NO GRAINS or LEGUMES? Just meats, fish, veggies, fruits, nuts & seeds some dairy. I'm trying to figure out how to eat 5 small meals...it's hard. I cn get all my calories in with 3 meals lol