any heavier women doing Insanity?

Options
So, I'm pretty new to this whole thing. And this is the first time I have really been determined to get healthy. My goal is to lose AT LEAST 30 lbs. I am 5'6 and weigh in at around 200 lbs right now. I am on week 2 of Insanity. 5 weeks ago I started P90X, but dint like that there were only 2 "cardio like" days. So Insanity has been kicking my big butt. Anyone else in my shoes out there?

Replies

• NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd round of Insanity. My first round was last year and I went from 180 lbs to 150 lbs in those 60 days. I modified the moves and rested when needed to. Problem for me this go around is...i'm not losing as much as I did the 1st time. I will blame my eating habits in the sense that I may not be eating enough or I don't follow the plan as far as eating 5 meals...I've been eating 3 meals but still getting all my calories in lol. I follow a more PALEO eating plan. I know I have to figure this out but it's hard.
  • reddv678
    reddv678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had to modify as well, a lot actually. But I'm pushing myself and sweating up a storm for a good 30 min so I think its working. I haven't been following the meal plan but I have been counting calories, eating healthy, staying within 1500 calories a day and drinking lots of water. The success you had in the first round sounds great! I cant remember the last time I was at 150. So that gives me hope. I am hoping to start seeing a change on the scale in the next two weeks. What bothers me is that I have been at this for over 5 weeks. I started P90X, and the scale went UP 5 lbs....
  • risingsprings
    risingsprings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do a ladies boot camp and from what I see on the tv videos of Insanity, we do a lot of the same things. I'm down to 208# and am a LOT stronger w/ doing these types of strength/cardio regiments....I would love to try Insanity to just save the money I'm spending on boot camp, but I'm not sure I'd push myself quite as hard as I do in a class!
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really don't go by the scale...because with P90X...you are building muscle. Muscle is dense and it puts weight on you. Insanity is more cardio induced strength training so you'd burn more fat than P90X. As a matter of fact...I did the following today:

Insanity - CPR (cardio, power & resistance)
    Total Gym ( core centric _
    P90X - Core Synergistics.

Trust me...Insanity is my main program...sometimes (vaguely) I get in the mood to do another workout later in the day.