Need a beach body!!

Options
Okay guys, I'm going to the beach in roughly 6 weeks! So excited! :) Anyway, I've lost about 20 pounds so far but really excited to have a goal to work towards, a beach body! Except I have no idea what I could do. Any ideas of ways to tone up? Maybe stuff I could do at home? I'm wondering if I'll even see a big change in 6 weeks. Really looking to tone my stomach and butt the most! Thanks!

Replies

• veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump? anybody??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    FULL body workout with cardio 3x a week. Do every major body part and cardio for 30 minutes after. There are free programs for bodyweight workouts online. Just find one you like.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Maybe try lots of squats while holding weights, lots of lunges leg raises type exercises for your butt.
    For your tummy try youtubing tummy toning routines, there's a lot on there because I can't explain how to do it!
    Good luck hun! x
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Start New Rules of Lifting For Women today.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv

try it for a month, it's awesome. feel free to use this:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz4JD-fVgThfbEx6dC0xWmFJOHM
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I love the Billy Blanks Tae Bo stuff. Great cardio, tonigh, etc, and you can do it from home.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

YESYESYES
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love the Billy Blanks Tae Bo stuff. Great cardio, tonigh, etc, and you can do it from home.

yea billy blanks taebo is awesome. So is Zumba you can get dvd or even wii or x box games to do them and they give great results!
  • crystalDRA
    crystalDRA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher who is off in the summer and so travels/stays away from home most of the summer. Because of this, I have to modify my normal gym routine. I bought some DVDs, weights, and a weighted bar (not sure if that's the actual name of this thing, but that's what I would call it) so that I could still exercise wherever I happened to be. I've had pretty good results and think enough of what I've done to recommend it. Keep in mind I am not a trainer or professional fitness instructor so take what I say however you want.

I recommend: Cardio- I run/jog for about 45 minutes to an hour 3 or 4 days a week. Strength/Toning- I do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and her Six Week Six Pack at least 5 days a week. On those days I also do some strength moves on my own with my weights and the bar (ie: squats, lunges, curls, press, etc). Consequently, I am not looking to lose pounds and so I do more strength/toning than cardio so adjust your routine to meet your personal goal.

Good luck :)
  • carrieblue052
    carrieblue052 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I defo would say do the Lisa London work outs on utube
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options

How do I start New Rules of Lifting without buying the book?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

How do I start New Rules of Lifting without buying the book?

Uhh... I dunno, I bought the book. It was like $12 download on my kindle app. I'm sure if you google or even search here you can find the basic program and the gist of the whole thing. (There are even NROL groups here at MFP).