1 lb lost... 89 to go

Options
If I could just lose 20 lbs that would be progress. It is always seems like something to throw my off. Travel, special event, birthday, vacation... whatever.

Time to just bite the bullet. I've never counted calories before. This should be an adventure. What's the best way to get a support group/ stay motivated?

Replies

• JessElric
    JessElric Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel the same way you do. I always get motivated, lose about 20-40 pounds, then get distracted and gain it all back (and more). -_-
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It helps to have friends and open your diary to them so that you are accountable and get encouragement and support. You can add me as a friend if you like. I will try to keep encouraging you through the tough times and the good times....

Also treat each day as a new day if you have had a bad day get straight back on track the next day and log everything everyday even if you are having a bad day. It really helps. I try to add things before I eat them (especially snacks!!!)

It becomes easier to make healthier choices the more you do it, and if you exercise you get to eat more!!! YAY!!!
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I had never counted calories before coming here either. You would be surprised by how much you learn from it. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
  • Allie_Mo
    Allie_Mo Posts: 25
    Options
    Iam the same way. I do about 5 hours of Zumba a day and i do Juilians 3DS. i stopped doing these workouts for a week and regreted everything i ate and didnt do like working out. Im back on track trying to lose this weight. I also had excuses like me and my bf anniversary, I would eat something I wasnt supposed to xD You learn and your friends on here are very encouraging.....well i know mine are and your very welcome to add me for encouragement if you ever need it. I also need to lose a large amount of weight like 50 pounds. i know i can do it though and i know you can too!! :]
  • JackiepMN
    JackiepMN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your "pain!!" It sounds so trite but it is true - just take it one day at a time. I have been overweight all my life and now, in my late 50's, it's more for my health than wearing the cute clothes. I NO LONGER consider myself to be on a "diet." That is an evil word!! It has to simply be about stopping for a milli-second before grabbing something and just think - is this a healthy choice?
    Sometimes it's not and.....screw it! But, for the MOST PART, make healthier choices.
    I found I like celery and in a million years I would never have thought of snacking on that!!! I'm only down 22 pounds but it is possible to lose weight if you take baby steps and take it one day or even one hour! at a time. GOOD LUCK!!
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had never counted calories before really using MFP, but it was eye opening to see how much extra I was eating every day. I used to eat enough calories in two days to cover what I now eat in an entire week. Today my weight loss hit 71 lbs and lord knows when I started this journey I could have never imagined being where I am now. I think friending people on here is a huge motivation and great way to get support. Now matter how large of a number we are looking to lose, we are all here for the same reason. I find supporting my friends here, that I just can't get from people in my everyday life. They share in your triumphs and push you in the hard times. Remember to take it one day at a time, and did something that motivates you and works for you. It's different for everyone.

Feel free to add me of you'd like, and good luck!!!!! :)
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are on your way and have mad progress. You need to just stay with it. I've been here for 101 days and I have lost 40 pounds.
  • phazar77
    phazar77 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have learned alot about foods just by listing them and realizing just how much fat or carbs are in a particular food.
  • Brent_J
    Brent_J Posts: 54
    Options
    I feel the same way you do. I always get motivated, lose about 20-40 pounds, then get distracted and gain it all back (and more). -_-

I've never even lost 5 lbs. I can gain weight, or keep it constant but I've never in my adult life lost weight (other than normal day to day fluctuations)

I feel like if I could just drop that first 10-15 lbs I would know that I'm on the right track. But that has been REALLY difficult to do.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! We are here to support you and help in anyway we can. I never thought that I would be able to loose as much weight as I have, but I promise it is doable.