Don't You Freakin' DARE Give Up!!

Options
I'm typing this after I lost over 60 pounds and I've been maintaining for over a month. I lost over 25% of my body weight going from 235 to 170 and I feel so awesome...day after day, every day. I have energy and it feels amazing to be more fit than I was even in high school.

Why am I still here? Because every day that I continue to count calories is a day that I am not gaining it back. Am I perhaps being a little anal retentive at continuing to count after I reach my goal? What the hell...I still weigh less, I still have more energy and I still feel great, therefore...I will continue doing what works for me.

Love life, keep striving and exercising and don't give in.

Good Lord. If I can do this, anyone out there can do this.

And it is SO WORTH IT!!!!!

Replies

• dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love it! I randomly found your post, since I rarely read posts and just happened to be clicking around the forums. I think that is great and a great reminder not to give up. I have stopped and started so many times. This time I not only made a commitment to myself to keep tracking till I reach my goal, I made a commitment to my KIDS. I have not gotten to the point where I think I will need to track beyond that, as I will make that decision when I get to that point. Thanks for your post! It was inspiring.

Dawn
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the extra inspiration. I have the same weight loss goals going from 235 to hopefully 180. I am down 12 pounds in the last five weeks. I helps to motivate me when I see people succeed with their goals