Jillian Michael's 30 day shred success?

Options

Replies

• ffwife97
    ffwife97 Posts: 20
    Options
    Each level is to be done for 10 days. However, for me, I decided not to move onto the next level till I can get thru the prior level w/o stopping to take a break. I want my endurance to be able to handle the next level. I ended up doing level 1 for 12-partly cuz I didn't feel ready and partly cuz I was not looking forward to level 2. Lol.
  • Kplantestylist
    Options
    I have not tracked weight loss when using the 30 day shred, but I can tell you that I have 3 of her videos and 1 of Bobs.....I love them, I feel that they are good for people at any level, and I am always sore after! (my absolute favorite of her videos that I got the most results from is her "No More Trouble Zones"....It is a killer, but great! ~good luck
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Anyone have opinions on how it is on knees?
  • ksmilgirl2010
    Options
    I'm doing this and it is tough! I'm only on level 1 so far but have been doing it just over a week and my stomach is the flattest it's been in a long time, my baby belly is shifting! I love it!

Ha ha...if only I could get what is left of my tummy to work its way back up to the boobs I've lost from working out. :sad:

lol, nice, here's a trick that helped me out- do push ups- old school style, or bench press- it will firm up your pecs and your boobs will atleast appear bigger, last time i was in shape i went up a cup size :) probably had a growth spurt in there to to help out but i could also do max on my pushups easily (i'm in the army- so we test it every now and then) but the closer you put your hands the better it will be for your chest and arms- wider is for more shoulders :) like i said it may not actually help them be bigger but it will help them appear bigger and firmer
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Welp, I just did Day 1 of Level 1 yesterday. LOL. I know I am sore in areas, I did use 3lb weights and if you're not use to working out, it will make you sore! Lol. I will be afraid for Level 2 & 3. Lol

How many days do you do Levels 1, 2 & 3 for does anyone know?
    It seems the vast majority do each level for 10 days. I did it 8/11/11 myself. It's whatever you want to do, really. And they don't have to be 30 straight days either. I did it M-F, so it took me 6 weeks to fully complete it, but I was fine with that. Just do each level for as long as you like and then move up. It certainly doesn't hurt to do it for more than 30 days. :smile:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

lol, nice, here's a trick that helped me out- do push ups- old school style, or bench press- it will firm up your pecs and your boobs will atleast appear bigger, last time i was in shape i went up a cup size :) probably had a growth spurt in there to to help out but i could also do max on my pushups easily (i'm in the army- so we test it every now and then) but the closer you put your hands the better it will be for your chest and arms- wider is for more shoulders :) like i said it may not actually help them be bigger but it will help them appear bigger and firmer

I may have to start doing more push ups. Sounds like chatauranga (sp?) style are the best ones, then. Those are sooooooooo hard! lol
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs and several inches when I did it. I love doing her videos. She makes it more fun and not boring.
  • bissabwell
    bissabwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    All of these great posts have inspired me!! Im starting tonight!! Hoping to be giving inspiration to others after a while:)
  • Dina275
    Dina275 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've just done the third day of level two and it is hard! I have to really push myself to make through the moves, but I always feel so much better once the workout is done! I haven't weighed or measured myself since I began the 30DS so I'm not sure how much I've lost, but I am really enjoying doing it.
  • areyoukiddingme1111
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 and although I haven't lost any weight, I already feel stronger! I really do not like working out so this has been a challenge for me but I feel good! I just have to not give up! :]
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    Hi there, I have just bought this DVD online after hearing great comments... Cant wait for it to arrive!
  • AllyC_804
    AllyC_804 Posts: 32
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 2 today and i am feeling good! I am definitely sore! I am also trying and doing 3 days of my 10K trainer too, since Im running a 10K in less than 100 days, sooo yeah! :)

I took pics on Day 1, can't wait to see the ones on Day 30! Ill post!
  • jillianmarie20
    jillianmarie20 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started level 1 today, and I already feel it in my arms!! I did another countdown exercise today (10 jumping jacks, 10 sit ups, 10 push ups, 10 inner-leg exercises...then 9...then 8...etc!) so I'm starting to feel it. Gonna keep doing the 30 day challenge!! Can't wait for results!
  • xxalmostgoldenxx
    Options
    When I first started I couldn't get all the way through Level 1 (shows just how unfit I am!) but now I'm on day 3, I can do the whole workout, but still can't do the full press-up, which I'm hoping to work towards! I'm only on Day 3, so I haven't noticed any huge differences yet, hopefully it's all yet to come!
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    I haven't finished my 30 days yet, but so far I am ADDICTED/IN LOVE with the workout program. Today I finished Day 9 of Level 2 and I am down about 6 pounds since I started the workout series. I have had to skip a couple of days so it is actually going to take me 32 instead of 30 but I am very pleased so far with the results I am seeing. I don't measure myself but based on pictures I feel that I have gotten skinnier in my face, thighs, back & across my midsection.

I hope you experience the same results that I have been, I am excited to finish out the next 11 days and maybe start it over doing the non-modified version of all of the moves. Good luck!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Did Day 8 of Level 3 today. It has taken me longer than 30 days (almost twice that), but I love it and definitely see results. You CAN finish it - stick with it!!!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am on 16 days of level 1 and I am also doing level 2, did it 6 days already and I am doing it to tone my arms, I think its working.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Anyone have opinions on how it is on knees?

Yeah, it can be tough on knees. Watch the whole work out before you start! I had to talk to my personal trainer about swapping some of the lunges/squats for other activities that do the same thing without hurting my damaged knee.

Just be aware of your limitations with your knees, if you have problems with them.

Even though I changed a couple of the exercises in Level 1, I still got a fantastic work out! I got sick just after Day 10 of Level 1, so I haven't started Level 2 yet, I'm starting on Monday :bigsmile:

Make sure you take your weight and measurements before you start shredding! Measurements are where you'll see the differences!
  • michelle_valencia
    Options
    Im new to MFP and looking at everyones comments and pics and am amazed at how determined everyone is...gives me hope for myself....question, what is this Jillian Michaels 30 day shred everyone is talking about??? I havent seen or heard of it.
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I stared day 1 level 1 today! I'm using YouTube. I'm hoping the whole program is there.

I had a baby 7 months ago and other than walking a couple miles a day I haven't done any exercise. I have 15 lbs till my goal weight and I have high hopes for this program. I am having a hard time cutting calories. I'm nursing my son, he's 21lbs, and is just starting to eat some table food. Since 90% of his calories come from me, it's been hard to curb this giant appetite of mine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!