Just started working out, need suggestions please! :)

Hey all!

I just started day one of my fitness plan, and boy, it was awesome. I would like to see if anyone has any suggestions or input, especially if I should do more on my non-weightlifting days. Here's what I am doing:

-Work out six days a week (one rest/refeed day)
-Lift weights on alternate days (chest, back, triceps, biceps, shoulders, other muscles I don't remember that I did today...pretty much most of the machines at my gym, plus abdominal weightlifting)
-At least 50 minutes of cardio all six days (stationary bike/incline treadmill/elliptical)
-Not sure if I should do anything but cardio on non-weight days...suggestions?

I have about 120 pounds to lose and eating between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. All food groups, but keeping protein and carbs at a pretty close 2:1 ratio and mostly non-processed foods.

Any suggestions are welcome :drinker:

Replies

• HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    *bump*
  • LovleeGirl
    LovleeGirl Posts: 18
    GREAT workout plan.

These all work for me weight loss wise and they are FUN. . you may want to try one or all : )
    -Insanity
    -Tae Bo
    -Core Rhythms
    -Walking/Jogging
    -General Dancing

**The first 3 I do FREE through Youtube.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Any idea how many calories you're burning during those 50 minutes of cardio? You may not be eating anough to sustain this regimen. I know I couldn't lift and run on only 1500 - 2000 calories.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Thanks LoveLee! :D I'll have to look into those suggestions!

And JayByrd, per MFP I'm burning about 900 cal for the weights and cardio...I am not hungry after eating my current calories though...