I could use some advice, please!

Options
I have been working out regularly for a little over a month now and my goal is to lose about 15 lbs. I have been eating right, I gave up sugar, bread, and soda's and nothing was changing. I finally stopped looking at the scale hoping to see the results in the mirror but my clothes still aren't fitting and I'm getting more and more confused! I even uped my cardio to try to lose the mid section and thigh weight but still nothing has changed, in fact I have gotten bigger! My legs and arms looked more toned but that's not the areas I want changed... If someone you knows anything about this can give me some tips or advice on what to do I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You only have a small amount to lose so it will be slow and hard. I can't see your diary to see how you are eating and exercising. Are you tracking ALL of your calories or are you missing some? What kind of exercise are you doing?
    You are probably increasing muscle mass which is heavier than fat which is why the scales aren't moving. Don't know why the clothes aren't fitting though.
    I would try to be accurate with all your food tracking and see what happens.
  • anaylor3
    anaylor3 Posts: 2
    Options
    OK, thank you! That's helpful :)
  • SC74
    SC74 Posts: 33
    Options
    I would suggest looking at your protein, fiber, and water intake as well. Eating a lot of fruit and vegetables / fiber will help boost your metabolism, as will drinking cold water. Good luck!
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Some people take longer to show their results...like me!! Ive been working out since February and I didn't immediately have results. For some, it takes roughly 4 months to see results. Give yourself some time. I didn't realize I had lost 11 pounds until I went for a doctors visit, when they weighed me. I had to ask if the scale was right. Every "body" is different. Just because some people may lose 1-2 pounds per week, doesn't mean others will. Be patient! If you are easily discouraged, don't weigh yourself every day. Try weighing once a week!
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    It sounds like you did change your diet, but I think you need to revamp your workout routine. A few years ago I started running. I really got in great shape, but the problem was In order to maintain it I had to run 25-30 miles a week! It was impossbile to keep that up. I am a mom and at the time a student. I have been working to get off 20lbs. since March. I lost about 15 so far. I track my diet, but I had a hard time losing anything after the initial 10 lbs. In about 3 weeks I
    lost 5 more because I changed my workout routine. Try the Nike Training club app for women. I recommend the "get lean" advanced workouts. It is so challenging, but the lady talks you through it and you can watch videos of the moves before you do it. You only need dumbells and a medicine ball. If I workout at home I use a weight to replace the medicine ball. If you ever heard of Kabuta workouts- it is similar to that or beach bodies! I am 44- My thighs are thinner and my bump is not so huge anymore- LOL Good Luck! Oh- Try fruit or veggie smoothies with greek yogurt and whey protein powder after the workout. Before the workout eat a complex carb like oatmeal with walnuts or a mini size wheat bagel with natural peanut butter and skim milk!
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I might not be eating enough when I started lifting weights. Metabolism slows down if your body isn't getting enough fuel. I'm only a few days into this theory- Fridays are my weigh in days.
    Good luck!