spreading the food love

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Heya I love love love food and finding interesting and tasty foods and alternatives to higher calorie foods. So I wanted to spread some food love around and share some of the more interesting foods and combinations I enjoy.

1. Trader Joes Cookie Butter (I call crack butter) Tastes like gingerbread cookies, no peanuts so if you are allergic this is an awesome alternative to PB also it is delicious and a little goes a long way. No higher in fat or calories than peanut butter.

2. PB2 you can find at whole foods, it is Peanut butter in powdered form, you add water to reconstitute, only ingredients are peanuts, sugar, and salt. Great thing about this is 2 tbls reconstituted is only 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. Great for adding to protein shakes but the uses are endless.

3. Wasabi seaweed snacks, only 60 calories for the pack and the wasabi adds a nice craving killing kick. You just have to like roasted seaweed, won't know unless you try it though.

4. Shiritaki noodles (tofu noodles) Most people have heard of these by now and for 40 calories and 0 grams of fat these are a perfect alternative for your noodles dishes when you just don't have enough calories left at the end of the day. BIG TIP * rinse them thoroughly and dry fry them for 5-7 minutes, just put them in a nonstick pan on high heat and keep moving them around. This helps make the texture even better.

5. No pudge chocolate brownies. These are great because you can make one at time in the microwave and the only thing you need is yogurt, 2Tbls brownie mix 1 Tbls yogurt, stir and microwave 1 minute. Low calorie and depending on the yogurt 0 fat. Plus you don't have to bake the whole pan and worry about eating those too

That's all the food love I have for now. Please enjoy

Replies

• skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! Thanks for sharing, Emmy!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    boy that didn't spread very far
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen that brownie tip before. Sounds good! And I really want to find the pb powder!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    And if you mix in the chocolate PB2 to the brownie mix... heaven!!!!!